shape
carat
color
clarity

Carat Weight Opinion: Eternity Band as E-Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BunniBling

Shiny_Rock
I''m leaning away away from my original solitaire e-ring preference and toward the idea of an eternity band instead! 180 degrees, I know...

Can anyone chime in with thoughts and pics regarding finger size in relation to carat weight? I wear a size 4.25-4.5 and I''m considering the Facets Raphael Asscher band with approx 2 carats of beeeeeeaaaaauuuuuutiful (E-F, VVS-VS) stones.
18.gif
. Will this be substantial enough to stand alone? Or should I consider bumping up the tcw some?

As always, thanks for the input!

-J

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2007 5:16:45 PM
Author:BunniBling
I''m leaning away away from my original solitaire e-ring preference and toward the idea of an eternity band instead! 180 degrees, I know...

Can anyone chime in with thoughts and pics regarding finger size in relation to carat weight? I wear a size 4.25-4.5 and I''m considering the Facets Raphael Asscher band with approx 2 carats of beeeeeeaaaaauuuuuutiful (E-F, VVS-VS) stones.
18.gif
. Will this be substantial enough to stand alone? Or should I consider bumping up the tcw some?

As always, thanks for the input!

-J
I think it will be amazing on your hand, and very substantial. I have one from SP as well. It''s awesome on it''s own. HTH, I wear a 4.75

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it would be a great idea too. I was just watching some special on jessica simpson last night ( i know, I can't help myself) and in old clips she was wearing just her eternity band and it looked so beautiful..

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2007 5:22:36 PM
Author: mrssalvo
I think it would be a great idea too. I was just watching some special on jessica simson last night ( i know, I can''t help myself) and in old clips she was wearing just her eternity band and it looked so beautiful..
That''s the look I was going for when I ordered mine from SP!!! And how I found PS!!
3.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2007 5:24:11 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Date: 3/11/2007 5:22:36 PM

Author: mrssalvo

I think it would be a great idea too. I was just watching some special on jessica simson last night ( i know, I can''t help myself) and in old clips she was wearing just her eternity band and it looked so beautiful..
That''s the look I was going for when I ordered mine from SP!!! And how I found PS!!
3.gif

well, 2 cheers for Jessica for inspiring all of our eternity bands and bring kaleigh to pricescope.

i must admit seeing her set again last night made be fall in love with that look all over again
3.gif

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
Funny, but I am just thinking about doing the same thing! I have several friends in the medical field who wear eternity as e-ring so they can fit easily under gloves. Where can I see a pic of the eternity band you like? I am also an asscher lover and have a size 4 3/4- 5 finger. I figure that I can afford a top-of-the line eternity band as opposed to scraping to get the 2 ct asscher I wanted PLUS the expensive setting that would surely go with it...........

BunniBling

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/11/2007 5:54:43 PM
Author: kellyfish
Funny, but I am just thinking about doing the same thing! I have several friends in the medical field who wear eternity as e-ring so they can fit easily under gloves. Where can I see a pic of the eternity band you like? I am also an asscher lover and have a size 4 3/4- 5 finger. I figure that I can afford a top-of-the line eternity band as opposed to scraping to get the 2 ct asscher I wanted PLUS the expensive setting that would surely go with it...........
kelly:

I''ve attached a link; hope it works! Let me know what you think.
1.gif

http://www.thefacetscollection.com/item.cfm?item_id=1962

-J

BunniBling

Shiny_Rock
Kaleigh:

Do you mind me asking the tcw of your SP band? Trying to visualize the overall effect is tougher than I thought! After looking at solitaire-type styles for several months, my mind''s eye has yet to be retrained. (ha)

-J

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2007 6:22:40 PM
Author: BunniBling
Kaleigh:

Do you mind me asking the tcw of your SP band? Trying to visualize the overall effect is tougher than I thought! After looking at solitaire-type styles for several months, my mind''s eye has yet to be retrained. (ha)

-J
If memory serves it is 3.38 TCW.

colorkitty

Shiny_Rock
I just want to say your idea of an asscher eternity sounds lovely. I love the look. Have you done a search in the forums? You can find some great eye candy and maybe a better idea of what style you want to go for. Good luck!

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
That ascher band you posted was beautiful Bunni! I think it''s a great idea.

*M*

lookingood35

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/11/2007 6:35:34 PM
Author: Kaleigh

Date: 3/11/2007 6:22:40 PM
Author: BunniBling
Kaleigh:

-J
If memory serves it is 3.38 TCW.

Do you have photos of your band?
I want one as well hard to tell what size stone I want.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
For t hose who have an eternity band, do you wear it all the time? Have you ever chipped any of the stones that end up on the inside of your hand where they might get wacked? I am between a full eternity and the 3/4 sold by WF. The ones from SP look perfect! and I like the variety they offer.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
No problems with mine. It's full eternity, 3ctw. Lately I am wearing it without other rings (in avatar). I go back and forth. I think it's a timeless look, no mater what the ctw, full, half, or 3/4. Goes with anything/occasion all the time. I love mine and would recommend an eternity band for anyone. Having said that--I would be careful to watch what touches what in what way when stacking rings. My diamonds do not directly touch each other, just the prongs-from ring to ring.
1.gif

Edited to add: My stones are round, as you can see. Aschers would be beautiful-sorry I don't have one to show a pic for you. But just as a statement to durability, I have really enjoyed mine and have not had any accidents/mishaps/chips. I love the simplicity and symmetry of it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results