shape
carat
color
clarity

carat weight and diameters/depth ???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cherry

Rough_Rock
what is the diameters for 0.94 ct RB if it''s good cut ? I found one 0.94 ct diamond which the jeweller gave me the measurements was 6.2-6.3x3.8 mm, is that measurement too small for a 0.94 ct? I don''t know if they give me the accurate measurement though, as it''s an non-cert. diamond.
And what would be the Table, Depth, Crown angle and Pavilion angle for a 0.94ct if it''s a good cut diamond?

Thanks for the help.

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
We have an AGS Graded, ideal cut diamond that weighs 0.924 carats that you can use as a "comp" in terms of measurements:
Measurements: 6.29 - 6.32 x 3.81 mm
Total Depth: 60.5%
Table Diameter: 57%
Crown Angle: 34.2 degrees
Pavilion Angle: 40.6 degrees
Girdle: 1.1% thin to 2.1% slightly thick, faceted
Culet: pointed.

Your local B&M Jeweler should provide you with the same detailed information regardless of whether the diamond is lab graded or not... Ask the jeweler for a Sarin / OGI computerized proportions analysis so that you're not buying completely blind...

Why on earth would you purchase a diamond of this carat weight that isn't lab graded?!?! Are you nuts?!?! No offense, but if you're going to spend this kind of money you should be sure of the characteristics of the diamond you are buying... Retail Jewelers won't begin to be truly reputable until you, the diamond buying public, force them to be! Tell the guy, "I'd really like to purchase this diamond from you, but there is no way I would buy it without a lab report" and you can bet that he / she will begin to get the message after losing a few sales.

In the mean time, since you're up to the wire, you can make the purchase "contingent on verification by an independent gemologist or the AGS / GIA laboratory" and then send it to them after you present it for verification...

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Ask the jeweler to run a Sarin Analysis to provide you with the information you are looking for. Diamonds run kind of like people -- different combinations of angles, etc. make for a good looking diamond. You can be short and petite yet still attractive, or large and curvy, or tall and thin, etc. There are general guidelines, but without the angles,you don't know if everything is working together. Then you can plug it into the Cut Advisor under tools here to see how the angles pan out.

If you are buying a non-certed stone, is there a return policy so that you can bring it back if the appraisal does not live up to what they say it is? 6.2-6.3 is not out of the range of a well cut stone. It certainly does not have a large spread, but it is not so deep that the numbers jump out. It may be a little too deep. Still, you need the other information to make an informed decision.

If you can tell us your budget and specifications, we can help you with making a decision about the price, cut, etc., and maybe even find a similar stone with more cut information. I found the following stone available through various Price Scope vendors . . . they can get all the angles off of the AGS cert for you:

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/diamond_Details.aspx?itemcode=2026184

cherry

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for the advice. can I get Sarin report in Europe (Sweden) as well? I have asked quite many jewelley stores here in Sweden, most of them don't have GIA cert., they have some kind of European cert. instead. So what kinds of certificates are more common and popular in Europe/Sweden?

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
HRD and IGI Antwerp are the best you can find here in Europe. They are widely recognised and respected. Please do yourself a favor and don't get an EGL Antwerp. Or, if you get one, be SURE to bring it to an appraiser!
1.gif
wavey.gif

Happy Holidays!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results