shape
carat
color
clarity

Car Shopping

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/23/2007 12:50:04 PM
Author: IndieJones
20.gif
So I bought a bright red Turbo Jetta! It''s a lot of fun plus I feel very safe from the very common T-bone accidents around here. (I hate this state sometimes) I feel totally justified in buying a new car as DH is still giving me shit about buying a red car... only bad and aggressive drivers buy red cars.
31.gif
I got a black one, because they only red one didn''t have the options I wanted...and my husband & I have matching black vehicles!

Regretting it when it comes to keeping it clean, but boy is it cute!

PS Someone told me that it''s a myth that red cars get pulled over more by the PoPo...is it true?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
J Crow, heated seats are awesome in the cold, but hubby has a heated wheel and on cold days I have steering wheel envy! Never needed any of this living in So. Cal...

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2007 3:12:56 AM
Author: tawn
Date: 3/23/2007 12:50:04 PM

Author: IndieJones

20.gif
So I bought a bright red Turbo Jetta! It''s a lot of fun plus I feel very safe from the very common T-bone accidents around here. (I hate this state sometimes) I feel totally justified in buying a new car as DH is still giving me shit about buying a red car... only bad and aggressive drivers buy red cars.
31.gif

I got a black one, because they only red one didn''t have the options I wanted...and my husband & I have matching black vehicles!

Regretting it when it comes to keeping it clean, but boy is it cute!

PS Someone told me that it''s a myth that red cars get pulled over more by the PoPo...is it true?

Well I haven''t been pulled over yet (knock on wood) and I must admit to frequently only having a distant relationship with the speed limit.
31.gif
But then where I drive it''s very common to go 75-80 in a 65 zone.
11.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2007 3:20:53 AM
Author: diamondfan
J Crow, heated seats are awesome in the cold, but hubby has a heated wheel and on cold days I have steering wheel envy! Never needed any of this living in So. Cal...
Haha! Being in So. Cal, that cracked me up DF!!! Nope, I don''t use the heated seats very often, but, I sure do use the A/C seats!!!!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2007 6:41:21 PM
Author: Miranda
Date: 3/24/2007 3:20:53 AM

Author: diamondfan

Haha! Being in So. Cal, that cracked me up DF!!! Nope, I don''t use the heated seats very often, but, I sure do use the A/C seats!!!!

i just love the heated seats! i don''t even use the heater in my passat. i just turn on my heated seats. love it! so, i''m happy hubby has this feature now too.

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/26/2007 8:18:28 AM
Author: jcrow

i just love the heated seats! i don't even use the heater in my passat. i just turn on my heated seats. love it! so, i'm happy hubby has this feature now too.
All this talk of heated seats is bringing back warm memories (literally!
31.gif
) of when I was little.... going to the hockey games with my dad, and then rushing outside to the car when the game ended. It was dark, and cold, and late... and the first thing my dad would do when we jumped in the car was turn on the heated seats. It was just the best feeling... riding home from the game with my dad, full of soft pretzels and cheese fries and snow-cones... as the warmth slowly flooded through me.
1.gif

On a more practical note... when I had my convertible, the seat heat was SUCH a great feature... you could have the roof down even when it was still a bit cool outside, and still stay warm, without having to turn the actual heat on (and have it blow right out of the car).
10.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
We''re working on deciding between a Honda Element and a Pontiac G6. I''ve all but given up on Nissan Altimas.

We''ll see what ends up working out to make us the happiest.

9.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
We went with the Element. I really, really like feeling like I''m in something more substantial than a small car, and I like that it''s still the same length as my old car, and I like that everything in it can just be wiped down when something gets spilled (I''m thinking of Mommyhood here).

Just thought I''d post that a decision was made. Good grief, did I take forever going back and forth, back and forth. I''m happy with the decision, though.
9.gif

Oh, and that big, bad, not American made thing? Paul''s adjusted well and asks to drive it a good bit more than I thought he would.
2.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on the new car, fish! Enjoy!

nsaids_nurse420

Shiny_Rock
if i had the choice right now to buy anything i wanted and money wasn''t an issue, i would purchase the new honda accord hybrid. it has 268 hp, top of the line in hybrids, but @ a price. my next pic is the nissan altima hybrid, you see, nissan borrowed technology from toyota to produce this engine for a hybrid!! price is decent for hybrid @ only 25000, downside is lower horsepower. gotta compromise somewhere, haven''t seen perfect car/price in years. good luck finding the perfect car. FYI: they are only selling the altima in select states a few @ most.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results