shape
carat
color
clarity

Canturi Cubism Diamond Signature Ring

Glass88

Rough_Rock
Please please help!!

I am obsessed with the wide version of the Cubism Ring (link below).

http://www.canturi.com/us/collections/cubism/cubism-diamond-signature-ring-wide-version

I've been waiting for a while to get a response from the site admins about the price, but I'm sure it's like 25K or something, which I can't afford. Does anybody have any suggestions about where I could find a similar ring that goes for less than 5K???

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glass88|1378061093|3513300 said:
Please please help!!

I am obsessed with the wide version of the Cubism Ring (link below).

http://www.canturi.com/us/collections/cubism/cubism-diamond-signature-ring-wide-version

I've been waiting for a while to get a response from the site admins about the price, but I'm sure it's like 25K or something, which I can't afford. Does anybody have any suggestions about where I could find a similar ring that goes for less than 5K???

I have no idea what the price is, but to get it made for less than the designer makes it, you would have to have a similar/inspired by ring made by someone else. The price charged by that jeweler would depend on his reputation (and, one would hope, skill) and on the quality of materials used.

I do think you should find out the price of the original first, though! That's an interesting website.

Deb/AGBF
:read:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I revisited the website and not only found a little more information about the ring you liked, but found many gorgeous colored stone rings which I feel obliged to mention in the Colored Stone forum! I have no idea whether this jewelry designer has every been mentioned there; I had never heard of him before. My best friend is going to want to buy up several of the rings he makes with amethysts! But I digress!

Here is what I found on the extra wide cubism signature ring. (The price was not listed, so you must still pursue that.)

Cubism Diamond Signature ring
Extra wide version
Canturi Cubism extra wide ring featuring baguette and carré cut diamonds in 18kt white gold, also available in yellow and pink gold
Item Number: 521192
Available in 2 variants

Deb/AGBF

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG, that is a ring, I mean a RING! I am in lust! but no $...alas, and woe is me.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes is sadly very expensive but completely amazingly beautiful :love:

I've tried on a few of these - 1/4 cubism was aroun $AU6-7K, 3/4 cubism was around $AU15K and full was $25K+ from memory but suggest you wait for official pricing from Canturi themselves. I think they also let you do layby for about 6 months if that helps? :wavey:

Definitely should try it on first - the full cubism is really thick & chunky, sadly didn't suit my size 4 fingers at all! :blackeye: I wanted the 1/4 cubism in yellow gold but just couldn't justify the price in the end.

Please come back & show us if you end up buying it!!! :D

Glass88

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for the replies.

I heard back from Canturi in New York. Alas is right! The price of the full eternity wide version of the cubism band is 15K!! I have to say though: considering what a piece of art that ring is I was expecting much more. The stones are all VS and G or better.

There is a smaller version of the ring. It has the identical design but is about 3.6mm and is a half eternity. It is $5,500. More reasonable, but still quite steep. I keep vacillating between the idea of owning a true work of art and the idea of losing $5,500 on it. I don't know what to do, but I will probably go look at the options regardless.

I will post pictures if I buy.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks for posting.

personally?

the smaller ring is only a partial work of art for 1/3 the price.

if you're going to do it, spend the $15k.

seriously. this is the only ring I've seen in a long time that made me gasp. I even told my hubby that this was a diamond ring I would wear. had I seen this prior to getting my spess and having it set, well, I might have considered this my e-ring/wedding band all in one.

please let us know what you do. I think if I ever tried it on I wouldn't take it off..............LOL!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
movie zombie|1378393223|3514959 said:
I think if I ever tried it on I wouldn't take it off..............LOL!

I think maybe it is you who should have this ring, MZ!!! You seem very, very excited...and I know you pretty well.

You can always try it on and see if you really love it that much. If you do, you can sell your spess to buy it. (I tried to sell all my jewelry in order to buy a dream 3-carat round...it just didn't work out. Now I have it all back, less one diamond earring, so I am not recommending to you anything I wouldn't have done myself with the right motivation!)

Deb
:wavey:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
yeah, i'm loving that ring......but I love the spess. yesterday in Costco I had a woman stop and admire it, wanting to know what the stone is......... had I not seen the spess, had it set in 22k gold, and love the thing even after this time, well, i'd be all over that canturi! i know myself well enough that i would have to have my back up against a wall and in survival mode before i'd ever part with my spess. my spess satisfies my desire to have something that looks like it came from an ancient archeological site. the canturi would never do that.... obviously, still in love!

Glass88

Rough_Rock
I know, MZ, it's absolutely incredible. I can't stop obsessing.

Beth_Chloefan

Rough_Rock
Hi Glass88,

Oooohhhh the Canturi Cubism Signature ring has been on my LOVE list since forever. It is absolutely beautiful. I had the chance to try it on at their Sydney boutique. I tried on the extra wide version and have not forgotten about what a statement piece it is. It sits perfectly on my finger and sparkles at every angle. Now to finally convince my husband? =)

Enjoy:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1378170043|3513765 said:
I revisited the website and not only found a little more information about the ring you liked, but found many gorgeous colored stone rings which I feel obliged to mention in the Colored Stone forum! I have no idea whether this jewelry designer has every been mentioned there; I had never heard of him before. My best friend is going to want to buy up several of the rings he makes with amethysts! But I digress!

Here is what I found on the extra wide cubism signature ring. (The price was not listed, so you must still pursue that.)

Cubism Diamond Signature ring
Extra wide version
Canturi Cubism extra wide ring featuring baguette and carré cut diamonds in 18kt white gold, also available in yellow and pink gold
Item Number: 521192
Available in 2 variants

Deb/AGBF

He is one of Australia's leading designers, his pavework isn't quite as fine as some of your top guys in the US but his edgy designs and pieces overall are amazing.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results