shape
carat
color
clarity

Can''t stop looking at my ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jessicap

Rough_Rock
My ring finally arrive after waiting for almost a month. It''s amazing!
Thank you, PS! And special thanks Lorelei and Stone-cold11 for helping me pick the diamond!

Here comes my ring, 0.71 H vs2 H&A from JA in the timeless setting. I just can''t stop looking at it!

Arrows_1.jpg

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful and classic. Congrats!

jessicap

Rough_Rock
I am still working on getting a better arrow picture. But I did figure out how to shot fire. Here is a little rainbow

Fire_R1.jpg

jessicap

Rough_Rock
And here is an orange star.

Fire_O2.jpg

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
It is gorgeous! Congrats :)

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its gorgeous, Love the timeless setting!

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
wow, i don''t blame you for not wanting to look away! it''s so classy and beautiful! i love the picture with orange star!!
30.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
That''s gorgeous! I love the pic with the star!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring!
Wear it in good health
37.gif

legra

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful, classic ring! Congrats on your engagement.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! I think that''s the first time I''ve seen that setting outside of the rendered JA pics. It''s really nice.

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement and your ring is lovely
35.gif

Mrs W

Brilliant_Rock
Your diamond beautiful, I love the setting aswell
30.gif

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous.. such a timeless look
1.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jessi, its beautiful - very glad to help!!!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
So pretty!!! Congrats!!!!!!!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
It is gorgeous!

tigian

Ideal_Rock
I would be staring also! It is very classic and gorgeous. I love the low profile. Congrats on your engagement.

jessicap

Rough_Rock
Thank everyone''s compliments! The ring is my first diamond ring after 9 years marriage. Husband and I married when we were students, so we got wedding bands only, no engagement ring. We spent a long long time in school, got out with PhDs. I wanted to be a professor so my first job is a postdoc aka "cheap labor" in a big research lab. Last year husband graduated and found a good job. This year I finally climb up the ladder and find a professor position. The ring is to celebrate our 9 years together and my new job.

I like jewelry, but can only wear earrings and necklace before because anything flashy on hands is a safety violation in my research. I work with lasers. Now I will mostly do talking and writing and let my students do experiments, I finally can have a lots of bling on my hands!
1.gif

Now I am looking for a wedding band to go with the ring. I really love bezel band. I am debating between the WF bezel band with 1pts I saw in geckodani''s thread

and Octavia''s alternative band

I like more bling with the alternative band, but I don''t know if the band is comfortable for full time wear. I like classic jewelry that I can wear all the time.

Which would you choose, my fellow PSer''s?

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
hi jessica :)

LOVE the new ring - what a gorgeous little icicle! very sparkly and icy white looking - nice job!

you obviously want to add somme bling, but you need to be careful not to overwhelm your centre stone with the size of your new eternity, so...

have you considered geckodani''s style of ring, but with 2 pt stones instead of 1pt stones? would give it that extra bling, without making it so heavy that it would overwhelm your eternity.

i think that would add a lovely little extra sparkle :)

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring! Congratulations!!
36.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
It''s lovely!!
30.gif
36.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2009 10:43:07 PM
Author: jessicap
And here is an orange star.
AWESOME PHOTO.....LOVE YOUR BEAUTIFUL RING!!!
36.gif

Lori

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it! I would get the Danielle band to wear with it because its smaller more delicate size will accent your size diamond very well. Later if you wanted a blingier band you could add something different!

And congrats on your job! I also landed a professor job this year after 6 years of graduate work and 2 years as a post doc. What is your field? Something in engineering or physics?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HIL

Love it to death--it is gorgeous!!!!

cheers--Sharon

jessicap

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 9:44:03 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
I love it! I would get the Danielle band to wear with it because its smaller more delicate size will accent your size diamond very well. Later if you wanted a blingier band you could add something different!

And congrats on your job! I also landed a professor job this year after 6 years of graduate work and 2 years as a post doc. What is your field? Something in engineering or physics?

I am in physics. I got my degree in 5 years and spent 4 years as a postdoc. I still feel lucky though. 4 years post doc is not long in science major. 2 years is super fast! Congrats on your job too!

I tried some bezel bands in a local store today and think I might go with the alternative band. The timeless setting has a low basket with round base, so straight band doesn''t fit flush with it. I don''t like curved band. With the alternative bezel band, the basket can sit between two bigger bezels.

Pictures of the timeless setting:

Timeless_01.jpg

jessicap

Rough_Rock
I love the delicate basket.

Timeless_02.jpg

jessicap

Rough_Rock
Last one, from the side. The base is not big. I think an alternative size band will hide it.

Timeless_03.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results