shape
carat
color
clarity

Can''t find an inexpensive setting, in NYC diamond district!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They were all eager to convince me to set my colored stones into DIAMOND settings, but when I told them I wanted something inexpensive as temporary setting they said they couldn''t do it
38.gif
How bizarre...

I could''ve told them they not only lost out on a few hundred dollar setting I was looking for, but future sales on other rings, earrings, pendants for my colored stones, my upcoming wedding ring, plus business from my coworker who''s looking to do several projects as well. But since they didn''t think I was worth their time...
20.gif

Anyone know a reputable place in NYC, one that''ll treat me the same whether I wanted to buy $200 setting or $20,000 diamond ring? You would think it would be easy since I work literally 2 minutes from the infamous diamond district...

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I''ve never bought any settings from them, and I don''t know what they carry in the way of inexpensive settings, but I have used Ernesto''s, at Broadway & W. 85th St (betw. 85th & 86th) for repairs, to buy chains for pendants, etc. It''s a small family jewelery shop specializing in custom work & repairs. They do a beautiful, professional job and are sweet and professional. I''ve taken very tiny jobs to them & they never object or give me any grief, even when I''ve asked them to set my own stone in a setting I bought elsewehre. They''re not the cheapest in the world, but nice, honest people who do beautiful work.

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you! So they were willing to set your stone in a setting, even though you didn''t buy either from them? If you don''t mind me asking, how much was the setting fee?

I''m just frustrated with the attitude I''m getting from these jewelers, they''re so eager when I walk into the store until they find out that I''m not looking for a big purchase
38.gif
I even had one place where the lady told me "Sure, we can do that for you" and then a guy next to her overheard her and told me "No, we can''t do that". WTH?

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
If you''re not far from downtown, you can also try "Greenwich Jewelers." Family store on 64 Trinity Place between Rector and Thames st.

I''ve used them to set a stone I purchased from GOG, and a few weeks ago, bought a spacer ring from them. They''re very nice and I''ve never had a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results