clarity

Can't Donald Just Say "Yes I'm A Poor Excuse For A Human?"

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Can't Donald Just Say "Yes I'm A Poor Excuse For A Human

canuk-gal|1470584792|4063295 said:
HI:

The statement issued by the Harvard Rep. Club was cogent and powerful in it's assertions. Publishing the statement took a lot of fortitude.

cheers--Sharon

Thanks for posting, Sharon. :wavey:

Deb

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium

And in the same vein as the Harvard GOP, another Republican strategist says a big fat NO to Trump.

Beat him like a drum: Donald Trump must not just lose in November; to correct the institutions he’s broken, he must suffer a humiliating defeat
http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/rick-wilson-beat-trump-drum-article-1.2739979

excerpt (there's a bit at the front and a bit more at the end):

The first reason the loss at the polls needs to be total: to snuff out the corrosive fiction that the system is rigged. Trump hasn't just leveled this charge, ridiculously, about the Republican primary, which he won despite the elites trying to stop him, and somewhat less ridiculously about the Democratic one. He's now complaining before the fact that the November election will be fixed.

You heard that this week first from Donald Trump's eminence beige Roger Stone, then from Trump's minions and sycophants, then from the wigged whiner himself.

The complaint is code for the fact that Trump, somewhere in his hindbrain, knows that he lacks the power, money, skills and the discipline to win this race. When the polls were breaking his way, our republic was perfect; the voters had spoken and he was "doing very, very well." Now that the worm is turned, the evil elites will do anything to stop him.

As though his demagoguery hasn't been poisonous enough already, now he needs his minions to believe that if and when he loses, it was because some nefarious conspiracy of state officials was sitting in dark rooms literally switching votes from Trump to Clinton.

It is, as President Obama pointed out Thursday, a ridiculous notion, one that's literally impossible given the way elections work in this country.

But it means that, if there's a loss by a slim margin in the popular vote or electoral college, millions of already embittered Americans, worked into a frenzy by a shameless leader who will surely refuse to accept the returns, will start the next four years convinced that the United States of America is little more than a banana republic — and the presidency of Hillary Clinton is irretrievably illegitimate.

That will be awful for the country.

The second reason Trump needs to fall hard in November is that the Party of Lincoln needs a complete, top-to-bottom reset — one that completely purges the Trumpkins who believe racial animus is a governing philosophy and that their ignorant and angry primal screams can ever build a Republican majority.

After a pretty decisive loss to Obama in 2012, the Republican Party produced an exhaustive, detailed post-mortem pointing the way forward, focused largely on how to better connect with the growing Latino vote.

None of the lessons were actually learned. All the recommendations about fixing the posture of the party have been treated as though they had been printed on toilet paper.

My Southern grandmother often used a phrase that a lot of folks south of the Mason-Dixon line of a certain age will remember. It was always delivered in a low, calm voice: "Go outside get a switch." You knew at that point that whatever childhood misbehavior you were engaged in was about to come to a halt, painfully.

Well, Trump voters, it's your turn. Go get a switch. I'm not going to coddle you and say you're really smart and good people and this is just a misunderstanding. That's just what the PC crowd does on the left.

Trumpkins don't deserve a participation trophy for wrecking the party and saddling the nation with Hillary. They made the crazy the enemy of the good, and centered an entire campaign on rage, fear and an eternally shrinking spiral of cult-worship and fanaticism.

They dragged one of America's great political parties from the back of a truck.

To begin to repair the damage done, they need to see not that their way almost succeeded, if only one or two states had broken differently. They must absorb the painful reality that their way cannot, will not, ever work again.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

AGBF|1470594036|4063345 said:
canuk-gal|1470584792|4063295 said:
HI:

The statement issued by the Harvard Rep. Club was cogent and powerful in it's assertions. Publishing the statement took a lot of fortitude.

cheers--Sharon

Thanks for posting, Sharon. :wavey:

Deb

Deb:

Thank you for your (intellectual) effort and passion. With a very political family (son and hubby) I often have to ask to eat a meal in "peace" :bigsmile: . Of course, I don't always get what I ask for. We read, synthesize, discuss, history and politics a lot in my household. I'm pooped out by the time I get to PS!!

cheers--Sharon

E B

Ideal_Rock

Trump's latest "gaffe," a pretty big one, at one of his rallies just now:

36m
Candace Smith‏ @CandaceSmith_
Trump on Clinton: "If she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do folks." Adds, "Though the second amendment folks, maybe there is..."

Let's see if this is a low low enough for Paul Ryan or any other establishment Republican to pull support. One would think, but...

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

E B|1470772377|4063976 said:

36m
Trump on Clinton: "If she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do folks." Adds, "Though the second amendment folks, maybe there is..."

Let's see if this is a low low enough for Paul Ryan or any other establishment Republican to pull support. One would think, but...

Don't tell me he really said this.

E B

Ideal_Rock

AGBF|1470772609|4063977 said:

36m

He did. I got this link from an ABC News tweet, let me know if it doesn't work:

http://www.snappytv.com/tc/2552661/1328534

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

E B|1470773167|4063978 said:
AGBF|1470772609|4063977 said:

36m

He did. I got this link from an ABC News tweet, let me know if it doesn't work:

http://www.snappytv.com/tc/2552661/1328534

The link didn't work for me, but I had already checked it out via other means and found that he said it. It was irresponsible in the extreme even if it was, supposedly, a joke. Crazy people with guns grow on trees here in America. They do not need the encouragement of presidential candidates to assassinate presidential candidates. Anyone running for president is already a huge target. Trump should have known better and this comment is more evidence of his lack of judgment, common sense, and common decency. He actually doesn't care if he gets Secretary Clinton killed by some lunatic.

AGBF

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

36m

Aw he's just joking! ha ha ha.. Sheesh, watch some nutjob take him up on it.. he is in no way, shape or form ready to become the president. ugh.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

36m

WOW!
Worst Trump statement yet!
But stay tuned! He has 90 days to stoop lower and lower.

From BBC, "Republican Donald Trump has sparked anger by suggesting his supporters could stop his Democratic rival Hillary Clinton by exercising their gun rights." http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37029170

Perhaps 7 days before the election Trump will say, "Oh, I don't know, maybe you 'Second Amendment People' should protect our Constitution by .... oh, I don't know ... taking care of Clinton voters."
After a few attacks where Clinton polls strongly Trump-Terrorism could keep Clinton voters home on election day.
Terrorism works and Trump will do anything to win.
He can word his marching orders vaguely and cleverly enough to avoid culpability.
Free speech and 2nd Amendment, and all, you know.

This is getting scary.
Clinton has secret service protection, but citizens driving cars with Clinton bumper stickers don't.

Trump appeals to rabid nutjobs with AK-47s.
I predict violence, and maybe a President Trump.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Trump is a loathsome little troll. Can't wait for karma to catch up with him.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

Trump is a loathsome little troll. Can't wait for karma to catch up with him.

On today's news they said with only 3 months to go it would be hard for him to catch up.

For me that is a relief. I will be happy when he just goes back into the wood work and we do not have to see or hear from him again.

I think there is no question he is neither mentally or emotionally fit to hold office. I just wish this was obvious months ago and we had two good candidates to choose from.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is a very good piece at The Rolling Stone, about Trump's "joke".

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/trumps-assassination-dog-whistle-was-scarier-than-you-think-w433615

"...what Trump just did is engage in so-called stochastic terrorism. This is an obscure and non-legal term that has been occasionally discussed in the academic world for the past decade and a half, and it applies with precision here. Stochastic terrorism, as described by a blogger who summarized the concept several years back, means using language and other forms of communication "to incite random actors to carry out violent or terrorist acts that are statistically predictable but individually unpredictable."

Let's break that down in the context of what Trump said. Predicting any one particular individual following his call to use violence against Clinton or her judges is statistically impossible. But we can predict that there could be a presently unknown lone wolf who hears his call and takes action in the future.

Stated differently: Trump puts out the dog-whistle knowing that some dog will hear it, even though he doesn't know which dog.

Valerie Tarico wrote about this form of terrorism following the Planned Parenthood murders in Colorado Springs last November. The pattern she noted there is 100 percent applicable to Donald Trump and his supporters right now – except that we haven't yet had the major act of violence at the end of the string. As Tarico wrote:

"1. A public figure with access to the airwaves or pulpit demonizes a person or group of persons.

2. With repetition, the targeted person or group is gradually dehumanized, depicted as loathsome and dangerous—arousing a combustible combination of fear and moral disgust.

3. Violent images and metaphors, jokes about violence, analogies to past "purges" against reviled groups, use of righteous religious language—all of these typically stop just short of an explicit call to arms.

4. When violence erupts, the public figures who have incited the violence condemn it—claiming no one could possibly have foreseen the 'tragedy.'"

This explains Donald Trump's campaign against Hillary Clinton to a letter. He has 1) demonized her whenever he can by calling her "Crooked Hillary" and constantly degrading her; 2) organized a convention around which the central theme, repeated over and over, was that Clinton is a criminal who needs to be locked up, clearly using fear and moral disgust as motivators; and 3) is now using violent metaphors (or "jokes" if that's what you think his statements were) against her, just short of an explicit call to arms.

Now we just have to hope that #4 doesn't come about – that violence does not erupt. Though, if it does, we know exactly what Trump and his supporters will say: that they never could have foreseen this tragedy."

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock

KS, so is Trump stupid or an evil genius?

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

AnnaH|1470849344|4064358 said:

Well, I'm not KS but feel like giving my opinion anyway...

Trump is neither stupid or an evil genius. People that think he would make a good president are stupid and Trump is a delusional narcissist. And evil.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Maria D|1470856272|4064420 said:

Trump is neither stupid or an evil genius. People that think he would make a good president are stupid and Trump is a delusional narcissist. And evil.

You just said this in blue in the other thread.

Conservatives who are reading now, this is how many (not all) liberals view you and your opinion. You are too stupid to be allowed to vote, but your vote counts just as much as theirs and it bothers them immensely. And they are supposed to be the party of the people? It appears that is the case only if you share their views. Just please get out and vote.

Wow. You don't back up this assertion with any evidence, it looks like you're just trying to stoke some anger. The discourse here has been nothing BUT polite, no one has insinuated that anyone is stupid.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/trump-threatens-secretary-clintons-life.224774/page-2#post-4064430#p4064430']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/trump-threatens-secretary-clintons-life.224774/page-2#post-4064430#p4064430[/URL]

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock

Not nice to call people stupid. :nono: :D

My "stupid or evil genius" comment was mostly a joke. It's funny that seemingly Trump can be an idiot and an evil genus at the same time.

Not sure how many people who will choose Trump over Clinton think he will be a good president, or how many just think she would be worse. It would be interesting to know, also, how many of those who choose Clinton think she will make a good president, or how many just think she's better than Trump.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

AnnaH|1470857668|4064432 said:

Not nice to call people stupid. :nono: :D

My "stupid or evil genius" comment was mostly a joke. It's funny that seemingly Trump can be an idiot and an evil genus at the same time.

Not sure how many people who will choose Trump over Clinton think he will be a good president, or how many just think she would be worse. It would be interesting to know, also, how many of those who choose Clinton think she will make a good president, or how many just think she's better than Trump.

In my opinion, the people who elected Trump in the primaries did so because they think he would make a good president. Otherwise, why would they choose him? He certainly wasn't considered the "most electable" early on. And yes, I was joking as well. If anyone here was actively asserting that Trump is their guy not because he's the "lesser of two evils" but because they feel he would be really good I wouldn't have continued with your use of "stupid."

FWIW, I think Clinton will make a *great* president!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Glad to know you were joking.

Respectfully disagree with the "great" president part.

:wavey:

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock

Maria, you think Clinton will be a great president. Why is it you think that?
Not saying that you are the only one who thinks that, even here on PS. However, it doesn't seem to be a popular opinion, so I'm really interested in your thoughts on this.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

AnnaH|1470866913|4064486 said:
Not saying that you are the only one who thinks that, even here on PS. However, it doesn't seem to be a popular opinion, so I'm really interested in your thoughts on this.

Her experience as a NYS Senator, her experience as a President's wife, especially her experience as Secretary, her contacts in Washington, I would say right now it's a pretty popular opinion since she has done well lately in the polls. She never seems to blow her cool, she appears to understand what to say in polite company (making fun of a personal with palsy). She is an attorney, and was a professor. As a woman I feel she can be more level headed and not freak under pressure, she does not delegate as much as Trump has. She has a strong strong skin after years and years of republicans harassing her and her family. All in all I think she will not crack as Trump seems he might. .He is scary.

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock

Tekate|1470869887|4064502 said:

Her experience as a NYS Senator, her experience as a President's wife, especially her experience as Secretary, her contacts in Washington, I would say right now it's a pretty popular opinion since she has done well lately in the polls. She never seems to blow her cool, she appears to understand what to say in polite company (making fun of a personal with palsy). She is an attorney, and was a professor. As a woman I feel she can be more level headed and not freak under pressure, she does not delegate as much as Trump has. She has a strong strong skin after years and years of republicans harassing her and her family. All in all I think she will not crack as Trump seems he might. .He is scary.

Yes, Clinton held many positions, but what did she accomplish?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

AnnaH|1470870992|4064510 said:
Tekate|1470869887|4064502 said:

Yes, Clinton held many positions, but what did she accomplish?
Why must you ask such a difficult Q?... :Up_to_something:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results