shape
carat
color
clarity

can't decide what to get

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Psers,
I wear WF 1.2 ctw studs + 1.11 ct pendant daily .I want a new look sometimes ,so I have saved a little and want to buy something nice next month but can't decide what .I am thinking :
1-White Flash ACA flower cluster pendant + matching flower stud earrings .I love flowers but I am 41 ,will these look childish on me ?
plus my ears are tucked at the sides of my head so I am afraid the flower studs will not show much .

2-get WF or BGD jackets for my 1.2 ctw studs and buy a 0.50 ct halo pendant from them so I will have a halo set .

3-forget about sets and buy WF flower pendant and get diamond huggies from ID jewelry 1 ctw with 10 pointers .
but my ear lobes are small (in addition to being tucked into my head ) so I am afraid the 1 ctw huggies will not sparkle or show as much as 2 ctw (the ones PSers were getting lately ) at the same time I am afraid 2 ctw will be heavy for my ears for daily wear .

any opinions ?

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wouldn't necessarily focus on a set-- I would get what I would wear more!

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
I think jackets would be a good way to spice it up now and again!

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,
I know this is on the diamond forum, but may I suggest a colored stone (of your choice) that can be used with the diamond earring jackets. This is a nice change.

Annette

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for your replies .

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha ha, I'm kind of pondering something similar. I have studs and pendant which I wear daily and am thinking of getting something else (ie. upgrading)/ or improving on what I have now. I guess the answer would depend on what it is you're looking for.

If the answer is because you just want something different (ie. to wear as an alternate) then clustered flower earrings/ huggies and another pendant of different style would suffice; however, I question this because you say you wear your studs and pendant daily. So I wonder how often you'd wear the new set (?).

On the other hand, if you just want to spruce up your existing set, then jackets sound like the way to go. Also, perhaps consider getting yr pendant bezelled (I love milgrain bezels) or getting a halo for it. Or how about wearing getting that halo pendant and layer it with yr existing pendant (is it prong-set btw?), a la Giada DeLaurentiis (but with 2 pendants instead of her 3)?

ETA: I am not *personally* too fond of the matchy matching look. I prefer that earrings and pendant are styled differently, but that's just me.

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for your ideas .I want to leave the solitaire pendant + studs as they are because they are classics .I just want a different set to wear when I am bored with them . I think I will not get a matchy set as you all advised . I am leaning towards the huggies and either a small halo pendant or flower cluster one .

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I'm not really sure what I would do, but I just wanted to chime in about the flower cluster pieces from WF. They're very pretty, subtle, and appropriate for any age. I wouldn't be concerned about them looking too juvenile at all.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results