shape
carat
color
clarity

Can''t decide on a wedding band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI everyone,
I am having a hard time deciding on which wedding band to pick.
I have the Vatche Royal Crown and an A Cut Above from Whiteflash. The problem is that I couldn''t find a band that has 7 shared prong diamonds that sits flush with the RC. I went to many different stores and finally found one that I like, at Tiffany & Co., and other than the high markup, I really love the ring. It sits perfectly next to the RC. The specs are- TCW- .56 with GVS quality stones.
In fact, I was planning on getting it next week, until corpuscle posted a picture of the wedding band he had made for his fiance. He had Whiteflash make a shared prong wedding band with tiny ACA H&A diamonds.
I contacted them and they would be able to make it with 7 diamonds with F/G VS1/2 diamonds and a TCW of .70.
I like the idea of having smaller H&A''s sitting next to my e-ring, it seems like a perfect match. But honestly, I really like the design of the Tiffany band much better.
It is more rounded and delicate looking, plus I like the open gallery on the prongs.
I also like the fact that if I have to resize, polish,etc. I can just walk into the store and have it done without having to ship it anywhere. I live in NYC, so the same thing goes for the Vatche RC setting.
The thing is, it cost a lot more at Tiffany''s than at Whiteflash.
My DH said he prefers me to purchase from T&C0. (he says I am so picky and what if it doesn''t match or something).
So what should I do?
I am posting the T&CO one and the one corpuscle ordered from Whiteflash.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For some reason, I can't upload the files.

Here is a link to corpuscle's thread.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/shared-prong-wedding-band-to-complement-vatche-royal-crown.6716/

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is the one from T&CO.

16026271_xl.jpg

jlim

Shiny_Rock
kayla - congrats on your 10 year anniversary. I've a question for you if you don't mind. In one of your postings you said you decided on a Vatche truffle design with 2 side stones. But I guess you later decided to get the Vatche RC instead?

Anyway, here are 2 wedding bands that you might want to look at if you haven't. I think the Vatche one looks nice.

This one is "student" custom designed by WhiteFlash.

wband2a.jpg

jlim

Shiny_Rock
This one is Vatche. Looks like you tried to upload the photo too.

231-220-b2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Kayla! Have you tried to see if WF can replicate the Tiffany setting? The T&C setting you posted looks alot like other shared prong settings I have seen on the web. If I can find some time today I will surf around but when we were looking for my e-ring, I did alot of research on shared prong vs individual pronged rings (since we got the eternity look), so I found tons of sites that had settings and pictures. I'll see what I can find. You may be able to find something that is very close to the T&C setting without shelling out the extra $$.

Or else if the DH approved it, you could just go for the T&C..though *personally* if I had an ACA and had an opportunity to have the ring made with ACA's to match..I would definitely go that route. I'm all about the matching and stuff.

2.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
You can actually get re-sizing and polishing done at any jewelry store. I've never had a problem walking into a place, asking them nicely, and having them steam my rings. When my friend needed her rings re-sized, a local jeweler did them for her happily. Same for me when I needed some engraving re-worked on my DH's ring.

So, what I'm trying to say is that maintenance shouldn't be a factor in your decision. If you really like the Tiffany best, go for it. It's really lovely. If you decide you like something else, buy that and just take it to a local jeweler and they should be happy to help you.

Have you asked Whiteflash if they can do a setting more like the Tiffany? Is the setting more of a factor or are the diamonds?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ran quickly through my bookmarks...but couldn't find the one site I was thinking about. Anyway I found some other stuff you may want to look at:

http://www.foreverjewelers.com/store/ProductDetails.asp?ProductID=R0098

http://www.foreverjewelers.com/store/ProductDetails.asp?ProductID=UADR3953

interesting article on shared prong settings:

http://www.professionaljeweler.com/archives/articles/2002/dec02/1202pb1.html

I ran across alot of 5 prong settings as well. The more I look at the T&C setting, the more I am convinced I have seen similar around the net. I would check with WF to see if they have other options besides corpuscule's 7 prong setting avail. Many of the vendors have huge catalog books of settings they can go through to order from.

2.gif
good luck! If I run across that other site I will post.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Jlim,
That's actually the band (corpuscle) that I was refering to. Student goes by the other name on another website.
Yes, I originally bought my diamond in the Vatche truffle, but changed it to the Royal Crown. I like the look of a solitaire better. Whiteflash was great with the whole process and I think it took less than three weeks for them to receive the old setting and have Vatche set it and then ship it back to me.
Mara, as always you are so helpful. Thanks so much!
I looked at the other bands you posted, but still have my heart set on the T&CO. one or the Whiteflash one. I am hesitant to buy something without seeing it in person next to the e-ring.
I am comfortable with the Whiteflash one, even though I haven't seen it in person because from the pictures posted, it looks like it sits flush.
I will keep looking but my anniversary date is next week on Jun 2nd. I would either like to purchase the ring or have it ordered by then!!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is one more thing I wanted to add. If I do purchase the one from Whiteflash, I can't return it if I am not happy with it because it will be custom made for me. I just found this out a few minutes ago, so I wanted to add it to this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results