shape
carat
color
clarity

Cannot get advice from Cut Advidor

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Brian_hp

Rough_Rock
Hello, Great Forum! I am interested with a diamond from Whiteflash item GIA 11126620 that is round H .85 SI1 Table=61 Depth=60 Polish=GOOD Girdle=MED Cutlet=NONE Flor=None but it does not give the Pavilion % or the crown angle to enter into the Cut Advisor calculator. Perhaps there is a reson that this information being left out?I am looking for a stone that looks good to the naked eye in the .78 to .85 carat range for approx $2200.00 (give or take $200.00)any thoughts or feed back would be great.Thanks you in advance.Brian_hp

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
[FONT=Verdana,]quote:[/FONT]
Originally posted by Brian_hp:
Hello, Great Forum! I am interested with a diamond from Whiteflash item GIA 11126620 that is round H .85 SI1 Table=61 Depth=60 Polish=GOOD Girdle=MED Cutlet=NONE Flor=None but it does not give the Pavilion % or the crown angle to enter into the Cut Advisor calculator. Perhaps there is a reson that this information being left out?I am looking for a stone that looks good to the naked eye in the .78 to .85 carat range for approx $2200.00 (give or take $200.00)any thoughts or feed back would be great.Thanks you in advance.Brian_hp
Brian:You will note that almost all our non premium rounds and all our A CUT ABOVE branded hearts and arrows diamonds have all the measurements entered. I will run a sarin report in the morning on the diamond in question and e-mail you the numbers.LesleyH www.whiteflash.com

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Brian,This is not the bad case. Whiteflash list stones they have in stock and can provide you with Sarin measurements.Many other vendors cannot provide this information for GIA certed stones.

Brian_hp

Rough_Rock
Thanks, I was wondering why this information is include on some stones but not others. I am learning all the time.Brian

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Brian,You are absolutely right when inquiring about crown and pavilion measurements. Buying the diamond unseen based only on table and total depth wouldn't be prudent.Unfortunately GIA report doesn't include crown and pavilion measurements unlike AGS, EGL or HRD. On the other hand GIA report considered as the most consistent in the diamond industry.Sarin report can be produced buy any lab or cutter or dealer who's got a Sarin machine. You can request Sarin measurements from the diamond dealer or appraiser who should analyze your diamond. Here are some links: http://www.pricescope.com/tutor_sarin.asp
www.sarin.com Whiteflash has Sarin machine and will provide you with the measurements upon your request. BTW, many other stones (about 80 from 180) from their non H&A inventory have crown and pavilion data. For many of them I already have ratings from the cut adviser.
smile.gif
Whiteflash is a good source and very knowledgeable and good people - don't hesitate to ask them for any extra info. Another good thing about them is that the stones listed on their site they have in stock.Another dealer who's got Sarin machine in house is Greg Droste (www.drostes.com). He has a great education on his site including info on Sarin ( http://www.drostes.com/measurements.html) . He is also a very knowledgeable gemologist.So don't be afraid to inquire any information from any dealer - this will put them to the test and you'll see yourself whether you can trust them.Another thing you might want to consider is to request your diamond to be sent to independent experts like Dave Atlas ( www.gemappraisers.com ) or Bill Lieberum ( www.diamondclearinghouse.com ) BEFORE you pay for them.Hope it helps
smile.gif
Leonid

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results