shape
carat
color
clarity

canker sore

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2009 10:00:09 PM
Author: kenny
I will add that the Rx medicine I mentioned above works regardless of where the sore is located, on the lips, inside the mouth on the inner surface of the cheeks or lips, or on the gums.

Note: I also have an unfortunate tendency to bite the inside of my cheek when chewing, occasionally even drawing a little blood.

This results in a small cut or lesion that can take a long time to heal and is just as painful as a sore.

(Perhaps the trauma results in an actual sore, I don't know.)

For these bites this Rx also reduces the pain and greatly accelerates the healing.

I thought this "miracle drug" was going to be this weird unheard of drug until I saw the picture and than I laughed. That is a high potency topical steroid. Steroids are a very common drug used in medicine and have been around for a very long time. I give that drug out at least once a week for severe eczema and sometimes the people I give it too get upset because I am not giving them the "new and best drug." The thing is, none of the newer drugs work better than that for what I am treating, the drug companies just want you to think that. I wish more people reacted to it like you do, I would be so popular
9.gif

I don't normally treat canker sores, but I just looked it up, and that is the first line treatment.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/29/2009 1:07:33 AM
Author: LtlFirecracker

huh...a high potency topical steroid....I give that stuff out all the time for eczema. I will have to ask the adult docs about that one. For some reason, I don''t see a lot of cancer sores at work, but I get them a lot.

I first got it from my dentist when I came in with a sore in my mouth.
Later when I asked my primary care Dr for it he wanted assurance that I do not use it often.
I don''t - perhaps once every other month.
I will apply it 2 or 3 times a day for 1 or 2 days.

Are you a doctor?

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2009 1:16:32 AM
Author: kenny
Date: 9/29/2009 1:07:33 AM

Author: LtlFirecracker

huh...a high potency topical steroid....I give that stuff out all the time for eczema. I will have to ask the adult docs about that one. For some reason, I don't see a lot of cancer sores at work, but I get them a lot.

I first got it from my dentist when I came in with a sore in my mouth.

Later when I asked my primary care Dr for it he wanted assurance that I do not use it often.

I don't - perhaps once every other month.

I will apply it 2 or 3 times a day for 1 or 2 days.

Are you a doctor?

Yeah, just finished residency, taking my speciality boards in 2 weeks from today. I will take all the new knowledge I can get right now. I edited my last post after I looked it up. I still was just loving your reaction to the med.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm pretty sure that use of this drug for ANY sore or lesion in the mouth or lips is not how doctors usually use it.

It works VERY well though.
Plus my dentist IS an MD and he's the one who first gave it to me for this.

My primary care physician was concerned when I told him how I use it, but agreed to the Rx.
He said it is a steroid that suppresses the immune system.
I said, "Oh well, it heals stuff 10 times faster than not using the drug."

merci2u2

Rough_Rock
Having been plagued with canker sores most of my life, I was thrilled when my dentist told me about a topical liquid that stopped them dead in their tracks. It is called Debacterol and she applied it directly to my sore and IMMEDIATELY the pain went away. Even though the sore was visible, there was absolutely no pain associated w/ it from then on. Even tho I wasn't supposed to, I was able to get my hands on a bottle later and it lasted about a year. It is a miracle drug but it is expensive and it is supposed to be applied only by a doctor. Fast forward to today and I have eight canker sores in my mouth. I am desperate for relief and I am happy to have found this forum. I am going to the drug store today to look for the above suggestions. I would love to know what causes them so I could avoid this awful pain. I eat very well (no junk food) and I'm not at all stressed, so I am stymied. Immediately preceding this latest miserable outbreak, I started taking Advil for back pain and just started taking Miracle 2000 (vitamins/minerals) so they are now suspect. Thanks to all above for excellent info.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Another chronic canker sore sufferer here! But I don''t think it''s a "highly contagious virus" as Kenny said--that is cold sores. Canker sores are mouth ulcers with cause unknown but are not contagious and are painful but no other health concern. There are alot of theorie as to origin, but no known reason why some get them more than others..could be stress, biting the cheek by mistake, hot food, bacteria in the mouth (from stomach etc).

I get them in a series...will be 2 at once, the worst I ever had was 2 that merged! And I hate the tongue ones. Then I''ll be canker sore free for a few months. One thing that is really intersesting is when I was pregnant I had none!! Anyone know why that might be? I''ve heard of others who said the same thing. Maybe there''s something in prenatal vitamins..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results