shape
carat
color
clarity

Candles?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Ladies...

I have a question about candles for you all. My florist would like to use large (14inches tall) square glass vases, with a pale pink rose anchored to the bottom, filled with water, and a floating candle on top.

My concern is that the candles will burn out somewhere in the middle of the reception and leave the lighting dimmer than what we started with. (FYI, its a night reception and our lighting budget is already astronomical)

Any ideas or suggestions to prevent this from happening?

Thanks in advance!

laine

Brilliant_Rock
Buy one of the candles you plan to use, light it, and time how long it stays lit. I was just at a wedding where the candles burnt out pretty early, so its worth doing to make sure they''ll last at least through dinner.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Some candles last longer than other. I bought some from Michael''s that lasted the whole reception, which was around 5 hours. There''s some that are supported to last up to 10 hours.

sparkel

Shiny_Rock
Hi!,

I know exactly what design that you are thinking of and it will look really nice, the flower shop I work at has done them for weddings too. If you keep the water level slightly lower it will protect the candles from the draft of people walking by which will help the candles burn longer. Also if you use a larger size floating candle it will burn longer. If that''s still not long enough what about assigning someone the task of changin out the candles after dinner is over and people have started to dance. I don''t know if that is a viable option or not. Hopefully you would be able to just find some good quality candles as they will burn longer.

HTH,
Rebecca

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/23/2006 10:17:30 PM
Author: sparkel
Hi!,

I know exactly what design that you are thinking of and it will look really nice, the flower shop I work at has done them for weddings too. If you keep the water level slightly lower it will protect the candles from the draft of people walking by which will help the candles burn longer. Also if you use a larger size floating candle it will burn longer. If that's still not long enough what about assigning someone the task of changin out the candles after dinner is over and people have started to dance. I don't know if that is a viable option or not. Hopefully you would be able to just find some good quality candles as they will burn longer.

HTH,
Rebecca
They sound lovely! Sparkle gave you great advice. Like she said, they key to a long lasting candle is making sure it is protected by drafts... people walking by, the ventalation in the room.

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone for the tips. I will make sure to bring this up with the Florist... hopefully we can come up with a solution... I''ll keep my fingers crossed that they are just long burning candles... that would be the best situation I think.

thanks again everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results