shape
carat
color
clarity

Candidate for recut? Or not?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I own this RB diamond, which some appraiser looked at and provided the following, according to papers that came with the stone:

M VVS1
6.76 x 6.82 x 4.2 mm (depth estimated since diamond was mounted)
estimated wt: 1.12ct
cut grade: 2A
depth: 61.8%
table: 58.9% 4.0mm
crown angle: 33 deg.
pavilllion depth: 43%
culet: none
girdle: medium to slightly thick; waxy
finish: good

Any comments on these specs? Is this combination possible, or even probable, LOL? It''s an attractive candlelight white diamond and a good performer visually, considering the table and spread issues. I am wondering if there would be any performance gain from recutting it closer to ideal.

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is a serious question. I''m trying to decide whether to remount, recut, or dump this diamond. I probably have more details on measurements someplace.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/14/2006 7:19:08 PM
Author:AdaBeta27
I own this RB diamond, which some appraiser looked at and provided the following, according to papers that came with the stone:

M VVS1
6.76 x 6.82 x 4.2 mm (depth estimated since diamond was mounted)
estimated wt: 1.12ct
cut grade: 2A
depth: 61.8%
table: 58.9% 4.0mm
crown angle: 33 deg.
pavilllion depth: 43%
culet: none
girdle: medium to slightly thick; waxy
finish: good

Any comments on these specs? Is this combination possible, or even probable, LOL? It''s an attractive candlelight white diamond and a good performer visually, considering the table and spread issues. I am wondering if there would be any performance gain from recutting it closer to ideal.

Curious why you would want it recut. It looks to have nice proportions. With a 43% pavilion and med-stk girdle the main PA is likely near 40.7.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
It is a very well cut stone. I don''t see any reason to recut it.

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the replies. I''ll try a different high prong setting since I liked it in the 6-prong tiffany when I got it, but don''t want engagement ring look. I think the color and the big table are what bother me. This one seems more brilliant than firey, and the fire is out toward the edges. I must have developed stronger preference for colorless with steeper crown and smaller table.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/16/2006 4:16:33 PM
Author: AdaBeta27
Thanks for the replies. I''ll try a different high prong setting since I liked it in the 6-prong tiffany when I got it, but don''t want engagement ring look. I think the color and the big table are what bother me. This one seems more brilliant than firey, and the fire is out toward the edges. I must have developed stronger preference for colorless with steeper crown and smaller table.
I can appreciate the love for steeper crowns and smaller tables :) but no matter *how* you cut it it will still be an M LOL And in an M the brilliant might really be for the best. I wouldn''t touch that diamond. Leave it as is and get ANOTHER one ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results