shape
carat
color
clarity

Cancun OR Couples Negril, SansSouci or Swept Away??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t BELIEVE i am posting this. FI and I planned our honeymoon months ago
1 week is disney
2nd week in Cancun at The Royal
sooooooooooo excited.
BUT, they just found 4 more bedheaded americans in mexico and now everyone around me is warning FI and I to NOT go to cancun.
Im bummed, i LOVE it there but am wondering if maybe for now we should pick somewhere else for our 2nd week.
Our travel agent just sent us 3 other locations we could go for 2nd week.
Has anyone ever been to any of these 3 couples resorts? We want LUXURY.
Couples Negril
Couples Sans Souci
Couples Swept Away

Please let me know your thoughts.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Negril=luxury, I''ve had well traveled friends and family stay here with nothing but rave reviews.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
39.gif
32.gif
8.gif

I''m sorry, iloveprincesscuts, that I have nothing to contribute to your thread, but all this Mexico stuff is stressing me out! We''re having our wedding there in a couple of months!

For what it''s worth, all those places you listed sound devine; I''m sure you''ll have a fabulous time at any of those resorts.

CDN

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
We have not been yet, but we are going to couples negril for our honeymoon. i read and heard so many wonderful things about the couples resorts and we are soooooooooooo excited!

good luck

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
We''re going to Playa del Carmen and I just asked FI if he still wants to go and he said yes...I''m a little freaked but we are going in July which is really close to the end of the advisory. I hope it gets better!

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve stayed at Couples Negril and I think you would really like it. It''s not luxury like the Four Seasons, but it''s very nice and romantic. I''m a little fussy, but we were very happy there. My favorite party was the flag drink service on the beach - you just stick a red flag in the sand and they bring you another drink! Fantastic.

Don''t go expecting four star luxury, but I would say it''s upper-end and very clean. Go for it!

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Cancun is fine, Playa del Carmen is fine. I''ve been watching the travel advisories and reading info from the State Department. Most of the trouble has been in the border towns. If you stay within the tourist-y areas and away from drugs (ignore everyone that offers them to you!) you should be more than OK.

We are going to Playa for our wedding in five weeks and are not worried one bit.

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
Before I even read your thread I was going to say definitely not Mexico, not b/c of the political climate right now, but also because I have been to Cancun several times and never got anything more than a "Spring Break" vibe from it, even when it wasn''t spring break.

I used to do public relations for the Couples resorts from 2002-2004 and I would definitely recommend Negril or Swept Away. As you probably know they are in the same place, but Swept Away is much more private/relaxing while Negril has a bit more activity, at least that''s how it was when I was working for them!

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone, FI and I talked last night and we are definitly still going to THE ROYAL in Cancun.
We love cancun, its NOT spring break like to us at all. We are older too, 33 and 34 and unless you go to places where the 18 yr olds are, you are fine. We love it.
So we plan to just be safe and smart and stay at the resort and on the strip.
Thanks everyone for your input!
35.gif

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Hey iloveprincesscuts, when''s your honeymoon?

We''re going to The Royal in Playa del Carmen end of May.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results