shape
carat
color
clarity

Canadian Princess - Light Return?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Davey

Rough_Rock
Hello friends,

I''m about to purchase a diamond from a dealer on the other side of the country (Canadian princesses are hard to find), but I only have numbers to work with ... I wouldn''t be able to see the stone until after it''s set.

Before I buy, I would like to see how the diamond performs as far as light return is concerned. While the numbers I have look good (1B according to the AGA charts), I''d really like to analyze the light return using software, but I''m a little confused about what is best for that sort of thing (and the demo versions are very limited). I''ve seen different people requesting .gem files ... are those for GemAdviser? Is it hard to find such analyses for princesses?

The specs of the stone I''m considering are below. I''ve been searching for months and have finally found what looks like a beautiful diamond, but I want to be sure.

If anyone could assist me in this respect, I would be most appreciative.

Davey

Princess, 0.43 ct, VS2, F

4.22(L) x 4.21(W) x 2.91(D)
Crown angle: 38
Crown height: 11.7%
Pavilion angle: 60.8
Pavilion depth: 55.7%
Table size: 66.9%
Total depth: 69.1%
Girdle thickness: 1.7%

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
The only way we can help with this is for you to get the stone scanned by the latest (rare) DiaVision Sarin software and create an .srn file and email it to one of us nerds
1.gif

Davey

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the reply, Garry.
1.gif

Is that the case even for just a .gem file? I'm pretty sure I've seen other people on these forums have someone help them in getting such a file just from the specs of the stone... I'm no expert, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results