shape
carat
color
clarity

canadian diamonds(?)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

canadianguy

Rough_Rock
I've been following the posts on this website, and it's been a GREAT source of information. I've been looking hard for a diamond myself,and hope to buy a Canadian stone (home grown and all, etc.) There is a diamond wholesaler online at www.diamondfile.com who seems to offer very competitive prices on government certified gems. These are all AGS 000. Does anyone have any experience with this broker? My other (most recent) option is a local jeweller who will sell me a polar bear 1.09c F 'fine cut' SI1, with a platinum setting, for 14500CAD (tax included). Any thoughts? :))

PuddyKat

Rough_Rock
Hi there,

Where abouts are u located? My boyfriend and I finally bought a diamond coupla weeks ago. We both did alot of reading, looking and asking around. We finally went with a local jeweler in downtown Vancouver. They are called Britton Jewelers and they take pride in carrying the largest selection of Canadian Hearts and Arrows diamonds. (you can check out their website at BRITTON.COM) We definitely agreed that their diamonds are far more beautiful than all the other stuff we've seen. Their stuff is AGS certed, which is rare I noticed, GemScan and GIA/HRD stuff more available here. We really like AGS because of what we feel is a more stricter grading system and having the cut proportions stated on it. Then we were able to plug in the numbers into the HCA and compare what we see visually to what "the science " proves, or in this case, how the math adds up. Good luck!

Laurie

canadianguy

Rough_Rock
Hey, thanks for the reply. I'm in Calgary, so not too far away. I will check out the Britton website, as suggested. Do you know anything about Davidson Designs (West Van)? They have the www.diamondfile.com website.

PuddyKat

Rough_Rock
Sorry, I don't know anything about Ron Davidson. I did encounter his name and companies while I was doing my diamond search. I just found it weird that he calls himself ULTIMATEDIAMONDS.COM AND DIAMONDFILE.COM. Too confusing!

canucknewbie

Rough_Rock
Hi Cdnguy,
Spoke with Ron on several occations and would have gone with him except my jeweller was on a mission to get me a particular stone at a great price. But I did go with an AGS000 stone as the cut was the most important aspect to my diamond search and I was not disappointed when it came to seeing it the first time. I know that Gem Scan has an ideal cut but I felt that AGS reputation far outweighed most others.

Going back to Diamondfiles, I found that he has alot more AGS stones that were unlisted as it is a busy time of the year and he is continually added more all the time. He does have a showroom in West Vancouver, so it you had him order in some stones that you had like you can view them. I know that you are in Calgary but it may be well worth your time to fly in and view the diamonds personally.

Hope this helps and keep us updated to how it goes.

Chris

:wavey:

SpenceSucks

Rough_Rock
Check out www.polarbeardiamonds.com. Peter Kangas is the proprietor. He's down off McLeod around South Center Mall. Excellent Custom Jewellery, Polar Bear Diamonds. He's the best I've seen so far.:rolleyes:

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
This has been posted before but I will say it again for those interested.

The Polar Bear diamond by Sirius comes with a Certificate of Origin that the diamond was *mined* in Canada. This is a *Sirius certificate of origin*.

There are several other brands that come with the *NWT government* certificate (Gemprint included) that the diamond was *mined, cut, and polished* in Canada.

I guess it just depends how pure you want your certificate to be. Sirius last I heard is thinking of joining the NWT program, but hasn't to this date. They do make a very nice product.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
StevL, I've been told that Sirius just ordered 4 ideal-scopes :sun:

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I think you or Garry should send me one too. Just let me know who to pay.

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Yes that would be great, thank you.

I see you also need spell check :naughty: adress:confused:

canadianguy

Rough_Rock
Thanks to all for you posts. Very helpful! SpenceSucks, I have spoken to Peter Kangas, and i agree he is actually quite helpful and informative. A quote he gave me was for an Aurias select 1.04 VVS2 G AGS000 for $16500CAD. This is one with a GNWT certificate (thanks, StevL). This one is at the border of my budget. I may want to compromise a little on clarity (?VS2) to get a little better colour (?F+). Do you think I'm making the right decision?

Andrew

SpenceSucks

Rough_Rock
No worries mate. Peter Kangas, referred by a friend, is doing both our bands (from a picture we found) and our new engagement ring. He custom designed them all- and went out of his way to ensure that the gold he was using was 100% nickel free.

They were very reasonably priced, and the service was top-notch. I'm sure, should you decided to go with Peter you'll be as happy as my spouse is with her new ring! Good Luck!:wavey:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results