shape
carat
color
clarity

Can you trade loose diamonds for jewelry?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
Hello Pricescopers:)

I had another thread about resetting my pear diamond, about 1.25 carats, I don''t know the stats on it but it is pretty white and eye clean at least. I have some beautiful ideas for having it reset, but I''m debating getting rid of it altogether. I don''t have any diamond jewelry and it seems silly to make my one diamond into a necklace that I would only wear rarely. Do you think I could trade it for simple diamond studs or something? If so, how do you go about that?

Thanks,
Maggie

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does the store where you bought it from take trade ins? If not, some of your local jewelers might give you a % of what you paid for the diamond.

krisvrn

Brilliant_Rock
I would check with who you bought the stone from as they might have an upgrade policy so you can get something else, otherwise most places may not give you the amt of $$ you are wanting.

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you both for your suggestions. Unfortunately, the diamond is a gift from a long time ago. There is no possibility of working with the original vendor. Thanks anyway though
1.gif

Looks like I''m back to making a necklace out of it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maggie, there is nothing wrong with contacting local jewelers and ask how much they would allow you for that diamond toward some studs. You may lose less that way as opposed to selling the stone. No point in making a pendant if you think you wouldn''t wear it much. Although I love pear pendants! It would also be beautiful set in a halo ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results