• Yes

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters

19mrobinson

Rough_Rock
Trade
Can you tell me if my diamond earring is real or fake Because I got it at a mall for $9.99 it was $10.00

_465.jpeg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No one can really tell you that from the picture. Judging from the price, I'd say it's not real; however, you can take it to any reputable jewelry and they can test it to see if it is a diamond.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No - no I can't tell based on the information you've provided, and no I don't think it's a real diamond. But it's totally possible that I'm wrong on the second point, and I hope that's the case! My local pawn shop (a reputable, locally owned shop that's been in business for a long time) is usually willing to eyeball a diamond for me and give me their assessment of whether or not it's real at no charge. They would charge me to verify that guestimate, though.

BTW, it looks really cute in your ear. Is it marked as real gold (i.e. 10k or 14k)? If it's set in something other than real gold or platinum, it's less likely to be a real diamond.

19mrobinson

Rough_Rock
Trade
MissGotRocks|1444265775|3936056 said:
No one can really tell you that from the picture. Judging from the price, I'd say it's not real; however, you can take it to any reputable jewelry and they can test it to see if it is a diamond.
Can you see it now

_466.jpeg

19mrobinson

Rough_Rock
Trade
VRBeauty|1444265931|3936060 said:
No - no I can't tell based on the information you've provided, and no I don't think it's a real diamond. But it's totally possible that I'm wrong on the second point, and I hope that's the case! My local pawn shop (a reputable, locally owned shop that's been in business for a long time) is usually willing to eyeball a diamond for me and give me their assessment of whether or not it's real at no charge. They would charge me to verify that guestimate, though.

BTW, it looks really cute in your ear. Is it marked as real gold (i.e. 10k or 14k)? If it's set in something other than real gold or platinum, it's less likely to be a real diamond.
Can you see it now

_467.jpeg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's just not possible to tell you definitely from a picture - and that would be the case even with a much larger stone and a much clearer picture.

But.. given the price, and the fact that it appears to be set in a mystery metal (since the packaging would likely indicate if the stone was set in some form of gold, or even silver) my best guess is that this not a real diamond. 99.9% sure on that one. But it looks good on you, so if you like it, wear it and enjoy it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results