shape
carat
color
clarity

Can you tell if a dog is depressed?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
Those pics of Oliver are soooo cute!! I am sorry you are going through this. As others have said, I think you would know if he were depressed and because you are not sure, I don''t think he is. I know that sounds weird, but as a dog owner you just know. When Darth is depressed (usually after a shot) his tail goes down and he will not come within 10 feet of us.

Oliver is probably just tired and a little lazy (in a good way) also, kudos to you for being such a great devoted dog owner and not giving up!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
awww he is so beautiful and looks like a snugglybug :), that last photo you posted, my puppy used to give me that look as well all the time, I liked to call it his I love you look :).

To me he looks happy and contented and well looked after :).

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
My friend''s basset hound was diagnosed with depression shortly after she had her baby. He was put on medication and seems to be doing better (I recently saw him a few weeks ago and he was playing and acting normal). So, I guess it does exist in dogs. I would talk to your vet about your concerns and see what he/she thinks.

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Mia! I wanted to check back in on your little dog - you weren''t painting a picture of neglect - quite the opposite, you paint a picture of love and caring.
I would indeed still inquire with the vet re: the thyroid, although if he is getting regular checks, the vet may very well have already checked as part of routine follow up without you being aware. How is he doing?

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Hi!
1.gif

My little guy is doing well! Yesterday was a beautiful day, so I pulled out his wheelchair and he got so excited the moment he saw it!
36.gif
It made me so happy to see that he has positive associations with it. Although, I''m sure it has more to do with the fact that I used food to encourage him to move in it. I don''t think he equates it with freedom or mobility or anything like that. But he was running outside and it was wonderful to see. We do have an appointment coming up in a few weeks and I will ask about thyroid issues then. But honestly I have been less worried about him lately. I will update you on what the vet says after his next appointment.

Thanks for checking in!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results