shape
carat
color
clarity

can you tell by picture if its hearts and arrows?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rockabuy

Rough_Rock
I went to the diamond district in ny on thursday. A vender looked at the information on my stone including pictures and said that my h and a wasnt h and a. Can you tell by pictures or do you have to view thru scope to determine if it definitely is?

aw107SI1G.jpg

rockabuy

Rough_Rock
here is second picture of diamond. im not sure if I should believe this person or not. the info on this ring is 6.54-6.58-4.06 g si ags o
table 55
depth 61.9
polish symetry proportions ideal
fouresence inert

whitelight upper high
color light upper very high
scintillation med very high
i paid around 5700 so I think I got a good deal even if it isnt h and a, and I think the diamond district vender was giving me wrong info. I just wanted confirmation.

ht107SI1G2.jpg

Talonnav

Shiny_Rock
If that's a pic of your diamond, that's definitely a Hearts & Arrows Diamond. I think that vendor needs his eyes checked. Sounds like a scam to get you to "doubt" your diamond and buy one of his. Shame. Shame.

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Rockabuy-internal symmetry looks good on this stone. Some vendors have stricter tolerances for marketing certain stones as hearts and arrows which vary in different ranges. Like size, legnth & width of arrow shafts and corressponding hearts images displaying an equally symmetrical image. This image looks excellent and find a hard time not classifying your stone as a hearts and arrows. Really has ideal dimensions, no doubt this stone is a real stunner. Also I notice you posted b-scope results. Where did you get this stone from. If it is from a vendor that has b-scope data available, I wonder why you would not have his reassurance and his credentials to back up your purchase.

-Josh RIoux
Sitka, Alaska
wavey.gif

rockabuy

Rough_Rock
i do have the gemex origionals. I think the sales person in the city was either probably trying to scam . It also may be that the paper copies were not he same shots or lacked the clarity of the ones I posted. Anyway the appraiser looked at the diamond last month and said that it would be worth 7400 at most stores and she didnt dispute the h & a quality. thanks!

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
It is beyond me why anyone in their right mind would go into a pool full of sharks that are looking for fresh meat. That bunch will do everything in the book to make your H&A diamond look like junk and sell you one of theirs. Most people, no matter how smart, are not prepared for the NYC diamond district. The guy wasn't giveing you wrong infor, he was bending the truth. Your diamond is just fine and I am not the one that sold it. Enjoy!

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
That stone shows a beautiful pattern! That seller was definitely wrong!

rockabuy

Rough_Rock
well i cant wait to go in after after the setting is done. the guy had a booth next to the person Im having custom make my setting with .16 baguettes and two .05 side stones. I think he didnt want to believe that I got as good a deal as I did.

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hmm..Sounds like he more than likely had other motivations all together...

Post pics when its finshed..

-Josh Rioux
Sitka, Alaska
16.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results