shape
carat
color
clarity

Can you see what I see?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

I Love My Sailor

Shiny_Rock
I have been trying to capture the flaws of my rings through pictures but have been unable! I think I got a little peek for you guys but note that its more noticeable in person. The E band stones are not all the same size and are set unevenly
29.gif

My E ring is not straight. I reset it 8 months ago and I never noticed it until now! I pick my brain trying to figure how I never saw it but, the prongs are not straight.

What do you see?

ttyynnkkss.JPG

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Hi, OP! I just see what you said: the prong in the upper left hand corner doesn't match the others, and the stones on the band doesn't all face out in the same direction. I don't know if the stones of the band are different sizes. It's hard to tell because they are not set evenly. I'm sorry. I wish I could be of more help.
7.gif

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
I can see, the band mostly is pretty uneven. I don''t think anyone just looking would ever notice but the picture really brings it to your attention. Can you contact the vendor you bought it from? Maybe they''d fix it for free, otherwise I''d take it to a jeweler and see what they could do. I think it''d bother me once I knew :)

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I can see what you are seeing. I would go back to the jeweler you bought it from and see what they can do. No one else will notice when your wearing it but I think it will bother you. Sorry
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif

I Love My Sailor

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, at least I am not seeing things. I have brought it to be looked at. Its clear the craftsmanship is the problem. I think, if I ever want to be truly happy... Then I need to start over and buy from a respectable company. At the time I got these, I was thinking about saving money but it is now biting me in he behind and you get what you pay for.

When my ring nightmare began I had just learned about PS and Whiteflash, Jamesallen, GOG, ETC... now I wish I had listened! but I was unsure... It was all new to me so here is what I am going to do! My husband and I are saving up. It will take a while to complete everything but I refuse to keep buying or repairing rings every 6 or 8 months only to always be less than satisfied.

I am going to wear what I have because I its fine for now and I do like it a lot... in fact, I do get compliments.
We are going to start with a new eternity band first. A 2.00 carat U prong from Brian Gavin. Then in a couple years time I will replace my Engagement ring with a 1.25ish ACA from whiteflash and reset my current stone as my right hand ring.

I am working full time so I am going to save as much money as I can and when I have enough saved up I will post the whole way through.
I have already spend a lot of money on rings but I was never truly happy, my husband only wants that for me. I am one lucky girl!!

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry you are having this issue! I can tell in the pics too, your e-ring prongs are off, not evenly spaced to each other...and the w-band has problems too... I know how you are feeling, I had my new e-ring set and the jeweler did a horrible job on mine too, the prongs are cooked and lopsided...and my diamond even cracked (long story)...so I can''t have it redone until I get a replacement stone, or it could fall apart completely...so I have to wear my crooked set diamond until I can get another one... I think we would notice it more than others would, because we are the ones wearing them, but I agree, it is annoying.
20.gif
I hope you can have yours adjusted so you can just enjoy your set, it is pretty!
21.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yep I can definitely see that. Glad to hear that you''re getting it looked at. Hope that you get your new set soon in the future!

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
I might go back to the jeweler and have the prongs/diamonds adjusted...but on the other hand, if you had them for 8 months without ever noticing the flaws, well then it can''t be that noticeable from a normal viewing distance (about a foot or two).

MMT

Ideal_Rock
It sounds like you''ve got a great plan. The ring your working on sounds like it will be beautiful. In the meantime you still have a gorgeous set that most people would love to have. You are lucky to have a husband who is so supportive
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I''m sorry that you are having these troubles. It stinks when you get a jewelry that doesn''t pay attention to detail. About 8 years ago when I first got my ering, my stone was actually so loose I could hear it rattle if I shook my hands, so I went to the jewelry my husband got it from and they fixed it and tried to convince me it would have been fine. Well if it would have been fine, why did they fix it? Anyways, sounds like you have a great plan though.

amyjokerette

Shiny_Rock
I am sorry to hear that your ring is not up the craftsmanship level that you hoped for. I''ll be honest, yes i do see the prongs on the e-ring being uneven. (Looks like lower left needs to be moved down, and upper left needs to be moved up.)

I do see the unevenness with the wedding band stones... but I think it is the ering prongs that would bother me more. I think I could live with the band being slightly off.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/20/2009 12:19:38 PM
Author: amyjokerette
I am sorry to hear that your ring is not up the craftsmanship level that you hoped for. I''ll be honest, yes i do see the prongs on the e-ring being uneven. (Looks like lower left needs to be moved down, and upper left needs to be moved up.)

I do see the unevenness with the wedding band stones... but I think it is the ering prongs that would bother me more. I think I could live with the band being slightly off.
I feel the opposite of this statement above - lol! I think the uneven-ness of the band is quite apparent and the prongs on the ering are hard to see until you point it out. go figure!
5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results