shape
carat
color
clarity

Can you See Fluro?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lucky8

Rough_Rock
Not sure if its my eyes or inside lighting but when I was looking at buying our ring in T&C one looked slightly milky to my eye. I said to the chap "has that one got fluro" he said no, its impossible to tell with the eye - I was convinced and made him get the cert and guess what - Slight Fluro (not even med or strong blue!) - It was like my eye could not focus on the stone properly so it looked hazey - perhaps the store had a dodgy strip light or somthing sending out a bit of UV?

I would be very interested to hear from people that see loads of stones every day. Can you see it?

Views?

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
RE: can you see fluoresence?

It depends on the stone. Several factors can cause what you saw. Generally if the fluro is light, then you shouldn''t see it.

Some stones you can see, but it depends on other factors.. Obviously, you weren''t pleased with the look of the stone, so probably best to find one that you are impressed with.

I see stones that are fluoresencent that have the incorrect fluoresence statement on the certs.

The light you observed the stone in also has a lot to do with it. It could have a lot of UV in it, in which case the stone looks flour, when in another type of light it may not be so apparent.

Each stone is different, and for many of them, to sort out the characteristics and the cause or affect takes someone with experience in this.

Rockdoc

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
i have noticed that polish does make a difference-------------the reflection isnt as sharp, the stone looks duller.............i think there is a distinct difference between good, very good and excellent..............just a thought

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
You could be seeing differences in transparency, which could be caused by a pervasive cloudiness or other factors.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results