shape
carat
color
clarity

Can you really make a decision with this info?.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Effe

Rough_Rock
I am looking at a ring for my fiance', and she has been doing some research but has found the process a little difficult to compare, since the ring is from the 40's. We saw this ring at an Antique show a couple of weeks ago and will be taking a second look this coming Sunday.

We have tried to get the table & depth % from the vendor and she states only a G.G. can do this. It has been indepently appriased, but am awaiting an email if it is certified by any Org.

This is what we know.

.90 ct Round Brilliant
2 baguettes and two .05 rounds on end for total wt of 1.07 (smaller stones better grade than .90 listed below)
14K WG
Clairity VS1-VS2
Color H-I
Measurement: 6.15mm-6.19mm (vendor states 4 hundreths off round) x3.70mm
Girdle: thick to very thick (frosted-adding about 5%)
Culet: No
Fluorescence: None -vendor states per appraisall
(info culminated from numerous emails-hope I didn't miss anything)

Vendor states not Ideal cut, but really gives no indication what grade cut would be. Comparing to some stones on the net, best I can guess is a good cut.

Vendor states for ins. worth $6,600.00 and is asking $3,300.00. Is this a good deal? Would offering $2,500.00 be a slap in the face, don't want to offend the vendor?

l

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
I would want an independent appraisal and would be afraid to buy from someone who will "disappear".

You may want to ask David Atlas these questions. He posts here as "oldminer" and authored this article on independent appraising.

https://www.pricescope.com/appraiser.asp

You can reach him at www.gemappraisers.com. He does specialize in old cuts, but you really don't know what you're looking at there without an independent appraiser that you trust.

Good luck :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results