shape
carat
color
clarity

Can you put yellow gold over existing white?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
I am imagining some kind of soldering method here... I would like to add some 18k gold to parts of a white gold ring that I have. Just for accent. I don''t want to dismantle the ring--just add some dots or swirls or accent some of the tips of prongs-kind of thing. Is this possible?

bujiatang

Rough_Rock
how do you mean swirls? are you thinking of cutting portions of the other ring and welding them to the other? or welding wire to match the other to the wg ring?

can you post pictures of what you have in mind?

my hesitant answer is yes, yellow can be added to white gold, and the 18k will have nice contrast. but I can't visualize what you are sayign.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2007 10:03:28 AM
Author: bujiatang
how do you mean swirls? are you thinking of cutting portions of the other ring and welding them to the other? or welding wire to match the other to the wg ring?

can you post pictures of what you have in mind?

my hesitant answer is yes, yellow can be added to white gold, and the 18k will have nice contrast. but I can''t visualize what you are sayign.
I was just thinking of adding a some 18k yellow gold highlights to a platinum ring. I just didn''t know if this was done or not. I''ve seen a lot of pieces with silver with 18k yellow gold accents and it got me thinking... I was wondering if it was possible to have 18k gold wire melted onto the platinum, in little swirls or lines or something. Thanks for your response.
1.gif

Manmountain

Rough_Rock
Gold can be fused or soldered onto platinum. Eighteen karat makes for a beautiful contrast.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results