shape
carat
color
clarity

Can you put pave on the SIDE of a bezel but not the top?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
What I mean is, can you put melee on the side (aka profile) of a bezel set diamond, and NOT the top (ala halo)? Kinda like the attached pic but bead/pave set, not channel set? Would the bezel have to be thicker when viewed from the top to allow for the depth of the melee? It seems possible to me but I CANNOT find ANY pic of this! It would be with approx 1ct (6.5mm) stone...Not 10mm like the pic!! Yowza!

DSCN7368abc.jpg

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I''d also be happy with more channel set pics too! :)

jennalyns

Shiny_Rock
http://www.winkjones.com/xcart/customer/product.php?productid=16388&cat=262&page=1

like this?
31.gif
pretty sure it can be made for any size center stone.

winkjonesblingwow.JPG

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I was going to say Wink showed us one last week - it was so pretty. It is channel set though. Such a great idea and makes a bezel look a bit less chunky and more delicate.

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks guys! That''s kinda weird that Wink just posted one last week! I''ve attached a photoshopped pic of the look I might be going for...most of it comes from an old A Jaffe bezel setting...Let me know what you think! It''s a good thing my BF and I have pushed back the date of when we want to buy this ring, I have gone through so many settings! I have realized that I LOVE diamonds around the centre diamond (ala ritani endless love 4 prong, and the MWM flame), and want a plain shank. I might go with knife edge too. My major problem is that I don''t really like the look of prongs, and my very first love was a tension ring (however this type seems to be big $$$ and a major hassle acquiring it in Canada). A dainty type of bezel might be the answer I am looking for with some channel set melee:

(I hope this isn''t too big, it''s under 700 pixels wide at 72 resolution)

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
And here''s the ONLY pic that I found besides Wink''s (the A Jaffe):

ajaffe1234.jpg

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Reposting my photoshop pic, it''s not showing up on the above post:

bezelgrouping_blinger.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve always loved that ajaffe set. The only thing I don''t like about this look is that you can''t have a super skinny bezel beacause there needs to be enough room for the side diamonds.

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/14/2007 3:30:31 PM
Author: kcoursolle
I''ve always loved that ajaffe set. The only thing I don''t like about this look is that you can''t have a super skinny bezel beacause there needs to be enough room for the side diamonds.
And that''s what I was worried about...
7.gif
, I would like it really skinny...I imagine the beadset would allow for a thinner bezel than the channel set tho. I am also hoping that if I put a small ring of milgrain around the centre diamond it will give it a daintier appearance (like chrono''s ring, see attached pic). I wonder if they could bead-set rose-cut diamonds because they are shallower? Isn''t rose-cut what they use when they put diamonds into prongs?

Chronosring_with_milgrain.jpg

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
umm...got one more half bezel photoshop ring...I have to stop replying to my own posts!
26.gif

Looking for any opinions?

anotherblingerconcept.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results