shape
carat
color
clarity

Can you put a brushed finish on platinum yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sun

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I bought a platinum ring online that came polished. I now want it to have a brushed/satin finish. Is this something I can do myself? I have a dremel, but I'm not sure if that's really needed. I also wanted to be able to maintain it myself in the future, so it would be nice to know how to do this myself.

Thanks for any suggestions.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
you can put lots of little scratches on it yourself with steel wool. not sure if that's the look you want?

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not a platinum expert but I know it''s not something I would try myself.

boonerings

Shiny_Rock
A Scotch Brite pad will do it. These are the green scruffy pads used for pots and pans. Just buff in the direction of the ring to get a nice brushed finish. You could start with some fine sandpaper like around 400 grit wet with WD 40 if the initial scratches aren''t aggresive enough for your liking. With a soft metal like platinum, the ScotchBrite alone should do a nice job.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
You could also take it to a B&M jewelry store and I am sure they would do it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results