shape
carat
color
clarity

Can you identify this small micro spiderweb turquoise?

jeannette ray

Rough_Rock
Trade
I have not seen an example like this in 60 years experience -Can you identify this small micro spiderweb turquoise? If so do you know where it comes from and what people used it for their jewelry. Here is what I'd say is a 50s pair of earrings marked sterling only. Thank you.
DSC02121.JPG DSC02124.JPG DSC02137.JPG DSC02143.JPG DSC02159.JPG DSC02160.JPG

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, my only experience with turquoise that looks like that is reconstituted turquoise which is often found in costume jewellery or the crushed turquoise inserts I’ve often seen in Mexican type jewelry. There may well be a natural type that has so many veinfsm but I’ve not come across it myself.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My guess is it's from the Kingman mine in Arizona.
The earrings are probably Navajo.

jeannette ray

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi, my only experience with turquoise that looks like that is reconstituted turquoise which is often found in costume jewellery or the crushed turquoise inserts I’ve often seen in Mexican type jewelry. There may well be a natural type that has so many veinfsm but I’ve not come across it myself.

These do feel like costume and very well could be. Thanks, I will keep us posted with any other findings.

jeannette ray

Rough_Rock
Trade
UPDATE - Went and had these appraised.. Report: (High grade Chinese Spiderweb turquoise $300.00 insurance value) woohoo! No wonder I never saw anything like it. I'm from Arizona lol. Did not get the name of mine or type of turquoise but do use this particular American Indian online company and have found what they say pans out and only $5 each appraisal. Mystery solved.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
UPDATE - Went and had these appraised.. Report: (High grade Chinese Spiderweb turquoise $300.00 insurance value) woohoo! No wonder I never saw anything like it. I'm from Arizona lol. Did not get the name of mine or type of turquoise but do use this particular American Indian online company and have found what they say pans out and only $5 each appraisal. Mystery solved.
Please share that online company with us!
I am next door in New Mexico, and I have my customary drawer of turquoise!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results