shape
carat
color
clarity

Can you identify if this is a real or fake Tiffany and Co Pendant?

Stuart Lawrence

Rough_Rock
Hi, can you identify if this is a real or fake Tiffany and Co Pendant? Thanks IMG_3627fsfs.JPG

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would say 100% fake.
Tiffany is one of the most faked / replica jewellery around. You need to buy only from reputable business sellers.
Ideally from Tiffany itself.
These days they even fake the receipts and packaging.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think if i wanted a Tiffany branded piece the best idea is just to buckle down and save for a new piece direct from the sauce with all the genuine paper work, packaging and stamps and with zero worry Ive been ripped off

MiniMinerva

Shiny_Rock
If it’s ok to ask here…is there any recommended advice for assessing the authenticity of vintage/antique Tiffany items that are no longer in production by Tiffany? I would 100% only buy modern pieces directly from the boutique, but I have sometimes been tempted by older pieces. I have always hesitated because of the reported prevalence of Tiffany fakes. I might think older styles wouldn’t be as much of a target, but perhaps that might not be entirely true? The uncertainty of authenticity has made me apprehensive about considering some beautiful pieces…I would love to hear insights from those with more experience!

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
If it’s ok to ask here…is there any recommended advice for assessing the authenticity of vintage/antique Tiffany items that are no longer in production by Tiffany? I would 100% only buy modern pieces directly from the boutique, but I have sometimes been tempted by older pieces. I have always hesitated because of the reported prevalence of Tiffany fakes. I might think older styles wouldn’t be as much of a target, but perhaps that might not be entirely true? The uncertainty of authenticity has made me apprehensive about considering some beautiful pieces…I would love to hear insights from those with more experience!

Speaking as someone who has dipped their toe into that pool, its all about QUALITY. The quality of the tiffany mark is a big one. The key posted above is an obvious fake to me, bc tiffany marks are super fine and usually small. Any always on the BACK, not on the front, unless its "Return to Tiffany" or a similar Tiffany signature line. Also i like to compare the piece to others I find online, especially if I can find a picture from an auction house that verifies authenticity. Finally, I always try to get the seller to agree to take it back if it doesnt "work" for me. If they won't, I move on.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results