shape
carat
color
clarity

Can you help me reset this trinity ring? Three different diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Joane

Rough_Rock
Hi there, folks!

I have this trinity ring inherited from my mom and I never wear it. Not only is it too small but I don’t like the setting. It’s too high for me. I like something low and smooth to wear every day that won’t catch or bang into things. What do you think would be some good styles for it, also in white gold, I think, and where is the best place to get diamonds reset without breaking the bank?

The ring is already a reset. The three diamonds are all different cuts. I think they were from three different antique rings and were set into a trinity many years ago, even before my mom had the ring. Someone told me the cuts are European, OM and rose but I do not know. Do not know the stone quality either. I would guess the weight to be roughly 20 points on the two side stones and maybe 30-40 on the center stone? Gosh, I don’t know much, do I?

So what is your advice for the best way to go about this, to find out about the stones themselves, pick out a setting and get it made up? I am in Canada, in case that would temper your advice.

TIA!

1 DSCN2048 Trinity side web.jpg

Joane

Rough_Rock
Here is a top view.

2 DSCN2052 Trinity top web.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
hi! if i were you i would visit a jeweler and try to find out what i had and what advice they could give me. after you have better knowledge of what you have then you can decide what would be best for the reset. are you only interested in a ring? jmho.
1.gif

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
I think the bezel setting that Skippy shared from Blue Nile is the best bet if you like your ring to sit low across your finger. It will also protect the stone a bit more and it will make them look a bit more contemporary than the current setting.

Joane

Rough_Rock
Oh, yes! I really like Skippy''s bezel-set suggestion! Thanks, Skippy! That type of design would be perfect for all the reasons you state, surfgirl. It''s platinum and maybe I could find somethng similar in WG.

Crown1, I think your jeweler suggestion is a good one. Have to do some local research as I don''t know who''s good in this area. That''s a good question about only being interested in a ring. What other options would you see those size stones being suitable for? They''re kind of small.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
joane, there are people with small studs. i think someone on here has small bezel set studs. there are, of course, pendants with .40 stones. if the stones are good and sparkly, attractive looking, i think the bezel set ring that was proposed is lovely. i think bezel set would be fine for any of those three.

eta: don't know how to link. search wallermamma studs. they are bezel set and lovely. .30ctw i believe

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2007 10:17:27 PM
Author: Joane
Oh, yes! I really like Skippy''s bezel-set suggestion! Thanks, Skippy! That type of design would be perfect for all the reasons you state, surfgirl. It''s platinum and maybe I could find somethng similar in WG.

Crown1, I think your jeweler suggestion is a good one. Have to do some local research as I don''t know who''s good in this area. That''s a good question about only being interested in a ring. What other options would you see those size stones being suitable for? They''re kind of small.

thanks!!! I am glad I can help
9.gif

What a bout a pretty pendant?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
I know it''s not what you asking, but i just love the ring.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Yes,you could make a pair of earring studs with the smaller side stones (and you could get diamond or other gem stone stud jackets at a later date if you wanted variety and a larger look). And you could make a classic solitaire necklace with the center stone. Either a 3-prong setting on a dainty chain or bezel set for a little bigger look. Re-designing is so much fun, isn''t it?!? Enjoy the process. And remember, if you dont like it, just re set it again ;-)

Joane

Rough_Rock
Oh, redesigning is a wonderful voyage!

I'm a bit late getting back here because I've been following that awful story of the shootings in Virginia. It sort of took the wind out of my sails. Unspeakably tragic.

Thanks so much for the suggestions. Now you have given me more things to consider, all of which could work. I love the bevel setting and the thought of having a pendant and/or earrings is thrilling. Even the Pricescope comment "I just love the ring" has given me pause. I noticed in relooking at it that each stone has six prongs instead of the usual four. I looked on the Internet and couldn't find any trinity ring with a six-prong setting. That's pretty interesting. I am going to consult a local jeweler to go over all the possibilities brought up here, including that of just getting it resized larger so I could wear it as is. It may take some time but I'll get back when there are some results to report.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really like it as is too. The prongs look like little crowns. Very regal!

Joane

Rough_Rock
I have spoken to a local jeweler and will be bringing it in later in the week to see what is the best approach, given the condition of the present setting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results