shape
carat
color
clarity

Can you help me identify what type of setting I''m looking for?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jenniebean

Rough_Rock
It''s cupped from underneath like the sidestones on this ring:

http://shopping.schubachstore.com/site/images/products/moissanite-tension-set.jpg

Thank you!

(I''m shopping for my engagement ring btw!!)
36.gif

jenniebean

Rough_Rock
Oh, I guess I can''t post pics...sorry for the link.
40.gif

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
For posting pictures, save the file on your computer and then use the attach file button.

From what I could see (very small picture!), it seems like a variant of a tension set. In this type of setting, a stone is held in place not by a prong or a bezel, but from the pressure of the ring on each side. Usually, a tension setting won''t have any materialunder the stone, but, in the ring you posted, the designer made a "mini tension" for each stone, instead of using the pressure from the ring structure. I think that this may not be quite as secure, since there is less metal on the lowest side of the setting (which is what determines the tension, and not the metal closer to the stone) and, so, it may be weaker.

jenniebean

Rough_Rock
Hmm, I can't seem to figure it out...I'll try tomorrow. But, the ring I've tentatively picked out is a solitaire brilliant cut diamond with that "u" cupping it underneath, it's got a thick wide band...hmm, I guess I'll try to take pics tomorrow & show you guys.

Thank you.

jenniebean

Rough_Rock
It is U shaped, but not a prong!! Ahh, I can''t find it anywhere.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bar set maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results