shape
carat
color
clarity

can you help me identify this piece?

rainbowman

Rough_Rock
I found this in my grandmother's wardrobe. To me, this is like a wristwatch casing. Anyone knows how old this piece is and what brand this piece is? From what I know from the marking, it is made out of 14K gold.

DSCN0102 A500.jpg

DSCN0102 A cropped.jpg

DSCN0105 A500.jpg

DSCN0110 A500.jpg

rainbowman

Rough_Rock
One more picture.........

DSCN0113 A500.jpg

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
The wire lugs, case shape and side engraving indicates an early case.I believe that all things considered that its 1920s even though the wire lugs were used even earlier in the late teens.The 20s brought more shapes rather then just round and square into watch design.The hallmark stamp styling shows that it is most likely made outside the United States and imported.

stci

Ideal_Rock
That's right. It's a gold watch case. You can sell it for old gold.

rainbowman

Rough_Rock
jewelerman|1310494655|2967393 said:
The wire lugs, case shape and side engraving indicates an early case.I believe that all things considered that its 1920s even though the wire lugs were used even earlier in the late teens.The 20s brought more shapes rather then just round and square into watch design.The hallmark stamp styling shows that it is most likely made outside the United States and imported.

Thank you very much Jewelerman for your information.
Is this gold watch casing collectible? Or, just worth the price of the gold itself? Thanks.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
you will have a problem in finding a dial,crystal and movement that will fit in this shaped case.Before selling the case for scrap value, i would bring it to at least 2-3 reliable watch shops and see what they might say about restoring the watch to running condition or selling them the case.A watch shop that deals in vintage watches might give you more then the $20-22 per gram(gold is at an all time high per gram and there is alot of buying and selling right now) a gold buyer might give you.Good luck.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
You might want to try the watch gurus on the forums at www.timezone.com.. They're a great group.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results