shape
carat
color
clarity

Can you help me identify these 2 cabachon rings I have

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rachelle65

Rough_Rock
1.gif
Could someone give me their best shot on guessing what these 2 stones are: I believe they both are old. The red one which has a hint of pinkish color is flat on the bottom but polished and perfectly round on top, set in gold is so worn that I cannot tell if 14 or 18 but has small diamonds on each side with those 4 2claw prongs holding it but it is loose. I have been told that it was a ruby, a garnet, maybe glass but it''s absolutely beautiful to me whatever it is.

The next ring is really unique. It is a amber color stone but when you turn it at certain angles you will see a fiery green that really reflects, and then darker hue''s in the amber color. On the side, it almost looks like there is something naturally embedded in the stone. It is mounted in this silver toned metal, it is not marked, but does not stick to magnet. Ring is mounted high and heavy. I hope the picture of the side mounting came thru. So heavy it would be hard to wear but again, beautiful. Thanks for any help. I really appreciate it.
1.gif

STA60063.JPG

rachelle65

Rough_Rock
Sorry this is the next picture of red one
1.gif

STA60078.JPG

rachelle65

Rough_Rock
And this is the mounting on the amber color stone that is so heavy.

Thank You.

Rach
3.gif

STA60065.JPG

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
my uneducated best guess: mexican opal for both.

mz

ps i like mexican opal.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
#1 looks like fire agate and #2 possibly fire opal--any other pics?.

Fire agate is fun stuff.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
#1 - fire agate or an opal
#2 - fire opal or if the pink is more pronounced than the photos could be Rhodonite (although clarity is probably too translucent for that)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure of the first but I think the second one is a fire opal.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
#1 looks very much like fire agate, while #2 doesen't look too much like anything specific. Could be fire opal, but it could just as well be amber, especially if the color is not as vibrant as in the photo. It could even be a garnet (malaya or spessartite), red spinel or some synthetic/simulant.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results