shape
carat
color
clarity

Can you help me find this cast setting?

loveloveloveit

Brilliant_Rock
I am helping a friend to purchase her engagement ring and she wants to put most of her budget into the stone, which I currently have identified at around $3500. This leaves us $500 for the setting which I know is very modest, but there are international taxes also at 10% so ideally a setting around $300 would be fantastic. I have found the below, however the stone .97 princess stone (5.5mm square) is from a different vendor to where I saw the setting (www.since1910.com). I am assuming it is probably from a casting co? I've looked at Adwar and can't see it, also looked at Stuller but TBH I find their site really difficult to navigate so gave up half way!

What do you all think? Is there somewhere I should be looking? This is pretty much everything she wants - fine band, without raised shoulders, simple open prong setting. She is so keen to secure the diamond I want to help her find the right setting so she can seal the deal.

Thanks so much!

novo.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
that setting looks nice. I'd try to see what the vendor she is getting the stone from has as far as settings go. It's going to eat into her budget if she's having to pay to have a setting shipping to the diamond vendor or vice versa and if it were me, I'd rather have all the money go into the ring.

loveloveloveit

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Mrs Salvo - the vendor does have one that's "okay". It will be up to her in the end.

MxMom

Rough_Rock
Since1910 uses different vendors for their "non-designer" settings and you can only buy them from since1910 due to their exclusivity. However, I purchased my setting from since1910 and purchased my stone elsewhere. They "may" say you can't buy one without the other, but push for just the setting, have it shipped to you and then have your stone set locally.

loveloveloveit

Brilliant_Rock
Dreamer - thank you so much - not an easy site to search I am finding! Turns out my friend is happy with the simple Tiffany style solitaire so might leave her with that!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results