shape
carat
color
clarity

Can you help me find a setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DiamondSeeker7

Shiny_Rock
I am having trouble finding a setting that I like, we found a diamond, but the setting is a whole other story. The diamond we purchased is 1.50 carats. I like cathedral, pave settings, but everyone that I have seen so far lack that "sparkle" factor. Anyone have links or picture of a setting you think I might like? Thanks!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker7,

I honestly don''t know what to tell you. pave and sparkle don''t really go together. pave rings are usually very subtle, more of a shimmery feeling than the sparkle you''d get from a shared prong type setting. I showed you ginger''s ring made by Leon which comes closest to what you say you want. I have not seen her ring in person but others here have and they are all blown away by the workmanship of it. I personally like the shimmer of pave because I like how it adds a little something to the shank but doesn''t detract from the center stone at all. Do you live in a city where you can go and see designer settings in person? I''d recommend checking out someone like Scott Kay designs, his pave rings sparkle more than many that I''ve seen.

DiamondSeeker7

Shiny_Rock
I spoke with Leon, but was very put off by him. Instead of discussing with me what I would like, I felt as though I was recieving a lecture. And yes I nearby to a place where I can see designers, I have seen several. I want to see what others have.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
well, normally folks click with Leon or they don''t. there are plenty of other quality folks out there. Have you looked at Pearlman''s website? He carries a ton of high quality designer settings and all the prices are there so you''d get a good idea of what they cost. I''d recommend checking out a jaffe, scott kay, and michael b. Ritani''s are gorgeous but not blingy at all so i''d stick with the one''s I mentioned.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
here''s a scott kay, would you like something like this?

150U13.jpg

or

153U13.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results