shape
carat
color
clarity

Can you handle another J in platinum?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
I am apologizing in advance for having only two pictures to post of my new ring. I was taking them at 7am today b/c my husband needed to pack the digital camera to bring on his business trip.

That being said....

Yes, another J in platinum! This is my new 0.724ct (yes, the "4" is important!
2.gif
) J/SI1 ideal Expert Selection diamond from Whiteflash! I traded in my 0.55ct for this one. I had this new one put in a 4 prong platinum tiffany solitaire. It sits lower than my x-prong setting so I need to get used to that (I kind of like the higher setting better).

I am going to wear this with my new eternity band from SP. The diamonds in the eternity band are F-G and I do notice a slight difference in color compared to the J. But the J is so firey that I don''t mind a bit! This diamond sparkles like crazy although the pics don''t do it justice (it was quite cloudy this morning).

When I get a chance to take more I will post them.

I have been officially banned from looking at any more diamonds....for now!
2.gif

Enjoy and thanks for looking!

100_1141.jpg

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
Got to love morning puffy fingers. The ring is not tight, just looks like it.

Here''s the only other pic that came out.

100_1144.jpg

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, forgot the madatory flower shot came out too.
2.gif

100_1146.jpg

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm...y''know, I think I like the thicker setting on my 1.5ct better! Go figure! What do you think?

Here''s the 1.5ct again. I wonder if WF would trade the setting for me...except I don''t want to send the ring back yet again!

100_1134_z.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
jellybean,
Oh it''s so beautiful, and has so much fire!! It looks great with your SP eternity band. Great choice, enjoy!!!

bluedawg

Shiny_Rock
Jellybean, congrats on your upgrade! The diamond looks gorgeous. And it looks just perfect with your new eternity band!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
jelly, your new J is beautiful! So firey!

I like the setting it''s in. When you get a chance will you get some side view pix?

For now I''d say keep that setting for that stone.

You know I adore the wider setting with your 1.5 stone, but you need VARIETY!

researcher

Ideal_Rock
WF did a great job! I love your new ring!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Fab! Great rings!

cheers--Sharon

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
Silly me...forgot to give you the stats!

shape: RB
weight: 0.724ct
color: J
clarity: SI1
measurements: 5.85-5.87 x 3.55mm
depth: 60.9%
pav angle: 40.9
crown angle: 34.9
table: 54.7%

scores 1.7 on the HCA

and I forgot to add kudos to Renee and Vera from Whiteflash! Thanks for all your help!
36.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Great stone!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2005 5
6.gif
5:23 PM
Author: Patty
jelly, your new J is beautiful! So firey!

I like the setting it''s in. When you get a chance will you get some side view pix?

For now I''d say keep that setting for that stone.

You know I adore the wider setting with your 1.5 stone, but you need VARIETY!

I agree with Patty. I think you should leave the setting as is for now. It looks gorgeous with your eternity band and the wider setting with the 1.5 is a great way to mix it up a bit. your J looks amazing too.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
looks great...i like the thicker setting better as well BUT don''t forget that the stone sizes very different between the .70 and the 1.5

but you mentioned wanting to change it out for a matching e-ring to your eternity w-ring maybe within a year or two? if so, maybe just keep this setting until that point, you may not watch to switch it out again a third time?

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I didn''t mean I was going to change the setting on the 0.72ct to another solitaire! I just was making a point that I like the thicker setting (when all this time I thought I liked the thinner solitaire settings!) If I do change the setting it will be to a matching one for the eternity band.

In fact, I just emailed Signed Pieces to see what it would cost.
31.gif
Don''t worry dear -- I''m just looking!
9.gif

jennalyns

Shiny_Rock
that is really, really pretty!!! it looks awesome with your band! I really like the look of the thin setting with the diamond band... it just looks so classic! I usually like thicker settinge better, but your set looks perfect together. :) It is so white!! I definitely wouldn''t have guessed that was a J stone! gorgeous stone, they did a great job, it''s sooooo pretty!!!! congrats!!!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
very nice jellybean! it looks perfect!
36.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/7/2005 8:51:33 PM
Author: jellybean
Oh, I didn''t mean I was going to change the setting on the 0.72ct to another solitaire! I just was making a point that I like the thicker setting (when all this time I thought I liked the thinner solitaire settings!) If I do change the setting it will be to a matching one for the eternity band.

In fact, I just emailed Signed Pieces to see what it would cost.
31.gif
Don''t worry dear -- I''m just looking!
9.gif
jellybean
congrats,beautiful ring
10.gif
i always like the classic setting and as always i''m confuse after reading your post.
9.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I loooove the 3/4 ct stone with the eternity band!!! I like the 1.5 ct in the thicker setting too...but I think you made the right choice putting the 3/4 stone in the narrower band (the thicker band would overwhelm it). I think it looks super with the eternity band!!!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!
30.gif
30.gif
And it looks PERFECT with the SP eternity band.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Love it!
2.gif

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a couple of new pics.

100_1160.jpg

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s one I tried with the 5 stone wedding band. I don''t like this look - the band overpowers the solitaire IMO.

100_1161.JPG

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
This is how I wear it - with the Facets eternity band.

Thanks again.

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry that one didn''t work. Let me try it again.

100_1162.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jellybean

very beautiful rings
30.gif
10.gif
36.gif
is that your new ACA solitaire?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i like it better with the facets band too.
3.gif

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
DF -- It''s not an ACA, but one of their Expert Selection diamonds. I was debating between this one and an ACA one but I couldn''t justify the price difference right now given the two were so similar in size. Maybe my next one wil be an ACA.
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results