shape
carat
color
clarity

Can you guess the date on this Traub setting?

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
I guess 1940-1949. I did pull that out of my butt but my reasoning is the style is very similar to ones my female relatives who got married in that time period received. I like it! It was a bargain too. =)

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Kelpie. So the yellow gold is good with that time frame also? Yes, can you believe the price ! :appl:

Say, what cut diamond would go with that time period? I've louped it but I'm not the best at teasing out the out cuts. It doesn't have a real high crown, has no culet, slightly chunkier facet. Maybe, maybe, maybe you can see the cut a little in the linked e-bay photo. Performs awesome (lots of dispersion), high color, (but I'm a low color lover, too), few inclusions. I don't know if the people knew too much about the value of what they were selling since they let it go for that low - but it sure did make me happy.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Sure gold has always been used, but has been more popular in some time periods than others. It's hard to tell from the pics but transitional cut or early round brilliant sounds appropriate.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Thanks again, dear !

lindacat

Rough_Rock
this is a gorgeous stone and I can't believe the price it went for! You are a lucky Ebay-er! I think it could be from the 1940-50 time frame; could be a round brilliant or also a transitional cut. Whatever it is, it is lovely!

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Linda. It's out getting sized right now (I reminded them to stay away from the Traub hallmark). I do Lots of online searching for such items and this time it paid off (rarely happens). Funny thing is, it ended while I was at work, so I couldn't follow it (we have those blocks on the work computer). I put in the lone bid the night before and - wow - no one else grabbed it. Kind of peculiar, but I'm thrilled.

Ah, it's amazing - it looks more like a .50 and throws colors like you can't believe. I can lay on the couch and play with it for a good amount of, way too much, time.

Thanks again for your input.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results