shape
carat
color
clarity

can you go wrong with an AGS ideal (triple zero)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Hi,
I have mentioned many times how happy I am with my AGS ideal cut (triple zero) round stone. It was a belated 10 year gift.

Anyway, this has opened up my sister in laws eyes and my brother has agreed to buy her a larger stone for their upcoming 15th.

Thing is that they live in a tiny little town far away from any decent shopping. And I have told them the evils of diamond shopping at a mall LOL.

My brother is very into online shopping and I have pointed him to a few sites: blue nile (which I am not a fan of) and union diamond. Neither one of these offer much beyond certificates for view. For some reason he has these 2 companies in his head.

So, since my SIL likes the sparkliness of my stone so much she has convinced my brother to go with an AGS ideal cut like I have. They are looking in the 1 ct range, VS1 or VS2 H or I color.

Can they go wrong with an AGS ideal (triple zero) stone?

Any chance it will be dud when they get it?

Is there such thing as an ugly AGS ideal cut or a non sparkly one?

I adore my SIL and she deserves a pretty stone :)

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
make sure you get an ags report with a grade (0) in light performance.

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/13/2007 10:20:50 AM
Author:asscherisme
Is there such thing as an ugly AGS ideal cut or a non sparkly one?
I would not put it in that way, but even within the highest cut-grade, there are different levels of performance. Of course, at the same time, there is the law of diminishing returns.

Live long,

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
They could go so much further wrong with another choice that your suggestion is virtually bulletproof. It is ALWAYS best to see the stone and decide, but a round ideal cut rated AGS 000 is not going to be a dud compared to the vast majority of other, more run of the mill, diamonds in the overall market.

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you for that addition, Dave. Re-reading my own post, that was not clear. Sorry.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi (and where are your earring pictures??!!!)!

I bought diamonds from Good Old Gold and WhiteFlash. I am not opposed to any AGS0 stone or most GIA Excellents, but I think there is a lot of value in the photos and other info provided by GOG and WF so I didn''t look too much at the other vendors. The other major reason I''d buy from GOG or WF is the trade-uo policy. I wouldn''t consider buying from a vendor without it, just in case!

ezwinner701

Rough_Rock
you shouldn''t have a problem with aGS 000, but check around for prices. alot of timw Whiteflash will be an excellent choice but sometimes you might find a bargain at Bluenlie and none of the other vendors can come close to.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
If someone wants to go to the very top level then the new AGS0 isnt enough info or go far enough.
But if someone wants a nice stone thats better than the vast majority of diamonds out there then its enough.
Just make sure its the new AGS0 and not the old.

:)

Brilliant_Rock
I would be more worried about Union Diamonds ''eye clean'' definition - a couple of us have had trouble with that (someone recently posted in someone else''s thread about their experience) - just make sure that they are also very clear on eye clean definition.

vnlong

Rough_Rock
I just bought my little lady an engagement ring from goldoldgold and I must admit you can''t go wrong with that AGS 0!! I heard WhiteFlash.com is very good and so is niceice.com.... Just compare prices/quality and so forth and go from there... Good Luck!

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2007 3:48:37 PM
Author: vnlong
I just bought my little lady an engagement ring from goldoldgold and I must admit you can''t go wrong with that AGS 0!! I heard WhiteFlash.com is very good and so is niceice.com.... Just compare prices/quality and so forth and go from there... Good Luck!
VN...I''d say your point is possibly a good one, but probably contra-indicated by what I would imagine is the intent of this thread. I would suppose Asscherisme is getting at the question...is an AGS0 sufficient for purposes of shopping. Many others here have said probably. Storm has challenged it. You''re saying yeah, and finding a good vendor would help, too.

Would finding a good vendor help, to do what Storm says? If you don''t ask for this feature (bettering AGS standards), they may not try for this, for you. And, if they do try for this, and tell you they''ve done it...you might ask them (and Storm) how the target was identified and met. If this (AGS0) is sufficient, however, you and Murr could like to know that your range of options for purchasing can improve, and broaden, and you can take advantage of being able to rely on the AGS certificate, to search more broadly.

Vendors with good reputations certainly earn those favored reputations for many reasons. But, on the point of topping AGS0...the question is really pretty good. Is that what some vendors would even aspire to? And how would you go about asking for it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results