shape
carat
color
clarity

Can you get yourself to wear fake diamonds?

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I happily wear sims, right along side my treasured diamonds and gemstones. They aren't "fakes," either, but as another poster suggested, another kind of stone to be chosen. But, honestly, because of the size of the stones, I don't think any one would guess they aren't natural, and yet, that doesn't bother me, either. I'm happy to tell what is what. It's all sparkly and pretty and makes me happy to see and wear.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wear costume jewelry. I love Nadri's chandelier earrings and even some of their pave bangles for dressing up. But I don't pass them off as real. I wear them as what they are.

For everyday though, I prefer my real stuff. And no, I can't bring myself to pass of sims as real. I just don't have any reason to impress people with stuff that's not real but appears as if it is. I wear my jewelry for myself and I value real pieces.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ericad|1396746315|3648155 said:
Before I get into diamonds, many years ago, I happily wore sims (my first jewelry related job, back in college, was working for a store called "Imposters" - cz's set in high quality 14k gold settings, meant to pass for the real thing). You wouldn't believe the bitchy crappy things people will say to you if you fess up that your earrings, engagement ring, etc. is a cz.

Now, if I wore a sim and someone were to ask my if my ring is real, I'd simply say, "No, it's a figment of your imagination...wooooooooo..." then waggle my fingers wildly in the air and walk away with an eye roll.

I don't blame sim wearers for allowing people to assume their stone is a diamond. It's just simpler that way and doesn't make them fake, or mean they're pretending to be something they're not. People choose sims for many reasons - financial, ethical, because they like to have lots of different styles to swap out, whatever. I don't care - sparkly is sparkly and a finely crafted bauble is worth admiring no matter the center stone. I understand firsthand that it's easier to go with the flow rather than announce to the world that your stone is man-made and then suffer the judgment and disparaging remarks.

Now, is it ok for someone to post a sim on PS and claim it's a diamond? No, because the rules are very clear and this is a diamond forum - there are separate forums where people can share their sims. That's not cool.

I always love your posts, Erica.

I like that 'figment of your imagination' bit. :bigsmile: I had to say that to someone at school, but with my diamond ring. I just hate answering that question. It carries so much judgment.

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
Working in health care I do not really wear much jewelry on a daily basis. I just wear my diamond studs , engagement ring, wedding band, and watch. I love wearing my fine jewelry because of the sentimentality of the pieces I own.
But I love my costume jewelry too ! It makes dressing up in my colorful sarees so much fun! I attend many indian weddings and I love to dress up like the Bollywood princess I believe I am! I have never passed off my costume jewelry as real but the pieces are so large and ornate that no one has ever thought they were real anyway!

Stephny691

Shiny_Rock
Yeah, all the time. It doesn't bother me because I don't see it as 'fake'. Like I'm not wearing a fake diamond; I'm wearing CZ. Does that make sense? I wouldn't wear CZ and tell someone it was diamond- that's a different thing entirely. But I do wear costume jewellery- I have no money lol, what am I gonna do- not wear anything sparkly at all?! *shudder*

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not anymore. I did when I was younger and couldn't afford to be blinged out but if anyone asked I always told them they were fake. I have the real thing now so I don't wear fakes with the exception of a travel ring that I have. I find that I don't wear costume jewelry anymore either.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
When I was much younger and poorer yes, but definitely not anymore. Probably because I havevgone bigger and I think it would be much more noticeable.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I don't--maybe a few times in the last few years. Not that I wouldn't ever again, but I'm usually fine without a huge variety in my jewelry and am happy to wear what I already have in my jewelry box.

Nyc2chigal

Shiny_Rock
The only 'fake' jewelry I wear is from JCrew... you know, costume jewelry.

Nyc2chigal

Shiny_Rock
why I put fake in quotations, I don't know why..... pregger brain!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Done it before. Buzz kill. Rather wear gold.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1396566081|3646885 said:
AprilBaby|1396549375|3646727 said:
PS; the faker is still occasionally posting and claiming its real :lol:

(It's not me, WF will verify)
Give us a hint, who?... :naughty:

Not a chance.

airdancer

Rough_Rock
I purchased an asha oec and wear it every other day (well because I bought it). It was kind of costly - I could have gotten a nice CS ring with it. What triggered my purchase was seeing an august vintage round on good old gold. I thought, "Oooooh, I would love to have that!" I was about to plonk the money down for one but I thought I should just buy an asha just to make sure I like diamonds. (I've only worn the diamond solitaire I have once or twice. Plus, I've always found CS more interesting.) I bought it and thought, no, I still like CS.

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
I only like noble metals touching my skin. When I want to go "fun and casual," especially in the summer, I wear sterling silver or plain white gold jewelry. I own a few vintage rings with synthetic colored gemstones and a second-hand ring with a small Moissanite, but for the most part I wear only "real" stuff.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results