shape
carat
color
clarity

Can you get a decent asscher on a budget?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Olive Oil

Rough_Rock
I am really drawn to asschers and would to love to own one (or two, or three...). Unfortunately, it seems like to get an asscher with good proportions that doesn''t have a big black inclusion in the table is difficult on a budget. I can''t see having the luxury of spending more than $2000 on a diamond anytime soon, so I was wondering, Can you get a decent asscher for $2000 or less? I don''t care so much about size, as long as it still has that deep asscher quality. I realize I won''t be able to get a perfect stone, but could I still get a pretty one? Other shapes are pretty too, but I''m just not as drawn to them like I am to asschers.

Thanks for your help!
1.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Olive Oil!

As a fellow Asscher-lover, I think you have *fabulous* taste in shapes!
1.gif
Asschers are such tricky stones! Unfortunately the very "look" that makes them desirable isn''t as apparent, or perhaps even apparent *at all* in very small carat weights ... however, some folks do get asscher eternity rings ... with very small stones & love them ... so ... I guess it''s just personal opinion!

Personally ... with a 2K budget & a love of asschers ... I might consider a five stone band from someplace like Facets/Signed Pieces rather than a .30 or so solitare ... OR buy from someplace with a liberal upgrade policy so you could grow that sucker over time!!!
2.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
2k for the stone alone will get you into the 5mm range in a H-I vs2 so yea its do able.
finding a well cut one is harder and it would likely be an I unless you can come up $300 or so.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Id give Tim a call out at GOG and see what is left on the market right now from the top cutters.

DiamondSmitten

Shiny_Rock
As a proud "new" owner of an asscher I tend to agree with deco. I have a 1.39 ct asscher and while I think it is a nice size I still find myself pointing out the windmills and how my diamond has such a different plot than princess which is the square diamond most see. I would go with deco''s suggestions in either an eternity to a place with a great upgrade policy. I wouldn''t have had any other shape and I don''t regret choosing it at all.

Olive Oil

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for your replies, Deco, Storm, and DS!
4.gif
I would prefer a solitaire, so perhaps I will wait a while longer and save a bit more. I still don''t want to go too much more than $2000, but if it''s just a bit more, I wouldn''t be bothered by it.

Is there anyone out there who has purchased an asscher in this price range and has pics? Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results