shape
carat
color
clarity

Can you find anything better?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Eagles4523

Rough_Rock
I am thinking about buying the following diamond from James Allen. I am wondering if this is a good price and/or if you think I can do any better for the same price range. Here is the link to the diamond, where you can view the actual diamond under magnification. The CS rep said the diamond looks really great, I am just curious if this is a good price. Here are the stats as well, it scored a 2.0 on the HCA.

Item Number: 1221078
Shape: Round
Carat weight: 1.26
Cut: Ideal
Color: G
Clarity: SI1
Certificate: AGS

Depth: 61.8%
Table: 56.0%
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Girdle: Thin
Culet: Pointed
Fluorescence: Negligible
Measurements: 6.91*6.95*4.29

Cost: about $6650 after pricescope discount.

eagles4552345.jpg

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Looks good!

The only comparable stone with as much available info I found was this: http://www.whiteflash.com/round/Round-cut-diamond-2012724.htm It's slightly less ($6276 with PS discount), but it's also smaller and under the 1.25 carat mark. It scores 0.9 on the HCA. It's not being marketed as H&A because it's not "quite there."

I say get the JA stone if you're happy with it!

Eagles4523

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your response!! I have been told the diamond I chose is also eye-clean so I will likely go with it. Does the ideal scope image look ok? That is the one aspect of diamond shopping that I have not done as much research in. I know to ask for it, but I am not really sure what to look for once I get it. Thanks again!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This diamond has the old AGS report which is still ok - the diamond looks fine. There is a tiny lighter area on the IS at around 1 and 2 o'clock but that could be the result of the backlighting or a touch of leakage - but even if so I don't think it is anything you would see with the naked eye. The diamond looks good!

This tutorial explains about ASET and Idealscope,

http://www.highperformancediamonds.com/index.php?page=education-performance

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results