shape
carat
color
clarity

Can you check the crown/pavilion angles after a stone is set?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Romeo

Rough_Rock
First, I'd like to thank all the experts on this site for helping my hubby (Romeo) in picking a diamond.

After 3 years of searching, he ended up getting me this gorgeous diamond in the most beautiful pendant setting that I've ever seen. (I've been cooking dinners for him and packing his lunches ever since + occasional back massages
:)

However, the store is not able to get us info on crown and pavilion angles. I'm wondering if we can still get such info after a stone is set. The setting is very open. The diamond is suspended by 4 square prongs.
We got the GIA certificate:

Round Brilliant
6.50-6.55 X 3.97 mm
1.03 carat
Depth: 60.8%
Table: 61%
Girdle: Medium, faceted
Culet: none
Polish: very good
Symmetry: very good
Clarity: VVS2
Color: D
Fluorescence: none
Comments:
Clouds are not shown.

Also, what does "Clouds are not shown" mean? Is this a big deal?

With Sincere Thanks,
Romeo's wife

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
I believe that it may be possible to get pretty close on the angles even when the diamond is set. Hopefully oldminer (appraiser David Atlas) will read this and comment.

Clouds not shown are inclusions that are grouped together to look like a cloud in the stone. The comment on the report means that the clouds are not noted on the plot of the diamond. Since your stone is graded a VVS2, it is likely that the clouds are very tiny and not a concern.

Congratulations! :appl:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results