shape
carat
color
clarity

Can we have a bridal weight loss thread?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

purelily

Shiny_Rock
Sort of like the one in LIW, but stable? it would be helpful to have support while i try to lose weight :)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
We used to have a weekly/monthly one, but no one was really active in it, so SarahLoves and Meresal kind of let it die out. I think it would be awesome if we could get one that was stickied though.

(Speaking of stickied threads, I really should attend to the list...)

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
I will happily contribute to this thread
1.gif

I am on am my 11th day of my new healthy lifestyle, I started at 171.8lbs and am now 167lbs.

My goal is 132lbs... considering I have over a year until the wedding I think it is totally achievable.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
when I last weighed, I was 170. Made me sad, I was at 161 earlier this summer
7.gif

Anyways, I want to lose at least 30lbs by X-mas, so that I can go dress shopping with my family over the holidays.

Then the goal is another 10-15lbs after that, for the big day next September. So a year to lose 40-50lbs!
23.gif
I want to fit all the clothes that I have that are size 4''s! lol

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
My story: It''s October 1 and the first day of my "diet". I need to get my dresses fitted and altered in December, so I''m trying to get 10 "vanity" pounds off in 2 months. Not a difficult goal, but I really love Halloween candy & Thanksgiving. UGH. Some support would be nice.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Each year DF and I have been together, I have consistently gained weight, said "oh my god, how did that happen!" and proceeded to do very little about it. (I know how it happened, not enough portion control, not enough movement.)

Well, This summer we joined a CSA and have been working to incorporate tons of vegetables into our meals. I have cut back on my carbs pretty excessively over the last three or four months and seen ZERO difference. I mentioned this to my NP and she said that based on my cravings for both bases and acids (bread, cheese and olives!) and a tendency to gain weight all over (proportionately) that I probably do better eating moderate amounts of carbs and smaller amounts of protein. I tend to agree intuitively.

I''ve started drinking Arbonne brand protein shakes, doctored with some fruit for breakfast and drinking my water with their fizzy tablets. It gets me eating breakfast that I was otherwise skipping due to lack of time, and drinking a little more water. Supposedly the fizzy tablets are supposed to give an energy boost, but mostly I think it is just extra vit. B6 and more peeing.

DF and I are also taking a Tango class one night a week.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Also will add, I''m looking for an overall lifestyle change of more movement. I used to be a dancer and didn''t have to think of these things. Now I''m rarely in a dance class, and mostly studying on the couch.

I want to look amazing on my wedding day and I''ve got just under 11 months to make that happen.

Current weight 138, Goal weight 125.
35.gif

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
i would love to have a BIW weight loss thread! i just started a weight loss journey this week! i could def use some support. FI & i are doing it together, so that does help somewhat; but would love to share with you ladies too!

9/30/09
starting weight: 177.8

CoralQuiz

Rough_Rock
I''m getting married in five weeks and only started shaping up a couple of weeks ago! I''m already feeling way more energetic and looking way more toned - why didn''t I do this ages ago? doh =)

There''s an idea called "calorie restriction optimum nutrition" where you try to eat foods which give your body as many nutrients as you can while still keeping to your daily calorie needs... so lots of fresh veggies, salmon, broccoli, blueberries, cocoa (yum) etc etc.. so that''s my "eat right" part of "eat right and exercise"... and my exercise is playing squash! So much fun!

I have about 20 pounds to lose so I won''t be my ideal weight by my wedding... but I''d love to join in the thread anyway =)

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Hello ladies!!!

May I join?
35.gif

Height: 5''6"-5''7" (ok more like 5''6 3/4")
Weight: 141 lbs (2 weeks ago)
Goal weight: 133 lbs

I would like to weigh 126-128 lbs but I would look too gaunt. I can''t wait to weigh myself on Monday!!!

purelily

Shiny_Rock
Yay! Glad others are interested! :)

My weight is currently: 165
and I would like to be 130 by my wedding.

Currently, I''m not really doing any sort of plan. I was, but i havent been keeping to it. So, hopefully with your help I''ll be able to make my goal! :)

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, i would love to join! I am getting married in December and have my fitting in one month
6.gif
I went today to try on my gown with my sister so we could pick a veil, and it was TOO TIGHT. I could wear it, but it would be hard to eat/drink/dance in and i really need to take a little off in the next month or two.

In the last month i have tried really hard to incorporate more fresh veggies and less carbs and i''ve lost about 5 lbs. but, due to some medication i am taking (and a doctor consultation regarding this subject), it is nearly impossible to get the weight off - very frustrating. I am really going to have to reign it in for the next couple of months to feel comfortable in my dress, which i LOVE, and can''t be let out.

Looking forward to some motivational friends here on this thread!

cinnamongurl

Shiny_Rock
Yay, I''m so glad to see this thread, because it will be a nice reminder for me to keep the weight loss momentum going!

This past summer was full of eating out and eating a lot! I took 3 grad classes, and squeezed in visits to Pittsburgh, Boston, and the Poconos to see family and friends to celebrate the engagement. We hardly made it to the gym, and are still struggling with that (we are both teachers, and are taking graduate classes at night).

8 weeks ago we gave up sweets (I have a huge sweet tooth!), as well as fried foods, sodas, chips, and limited ourselves to fruit and vegetables if we wanted to eat after 7pm.

So far, my fiance has lost about 10 pounds, and I have only lost 2. I''m feeling frustrated, but know I could have lost more if I was going to the gym as much as I should.

I am getting married on June 26, 2010.
My current weight is: 142
My goal weight is: 125
I am 5''3".

I''m hoping to look at wedding dresses at the end of this month and over Thanksgiving. By then, I hope to be at least 5-8 pounds lighter.

Good luck ladies
35.gif

I soooo need to be in this thread. I bought a dress today - yay! But I want to get rid of my stomach fat and wings (under arm fat).

Ok ladies. What do I do?

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/4/2009 4:34:06 AM
Author: swedish bean
I soooo need to be in this thread. I bought a dress today - yay! But I want to get rid of my stomach fat and wings (under arm fat).

Ok ladies. What do I do?
Eat less and exersize more - it works for me
2.gif
. I eat less red meat and more fish, fruit and veg. I'm 5' 8" and have managed to maintain my weight at 130lbs. If I want a treat i.e cake/sweets then I won't deny myself them but I just keep it in moderation.

If you get tempted to over-eat or snack on stuff you know you shouldn't be eating then just think of your dress.

All the best

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Oye, I should be joining this thread too, even though the wedding is a year off! I''ve gained about 6-7 pounds in the last 2 months, EEK, mostly due to a lot of traveling and eating out. While it is not terrible, I am only about 5''1.5" and that 6 pounds sure shows (not to mention, it feels like a ton!). Sure, I could have made healthier choices when eating out, but I''m not very good at that and am sort of a junk food junkie once I am out of the comfort of my own home and food selections!

It''s time to stop it before it gets out of control! I''ve been nursing an ankle injury for a good several months, since my last half marathon in May (okay, that''s MORE than a few months!). I''m still in pain any time I move my ankle laterally, but unfortunately don''t think I''ll be getting to a doctor any time soon given my current cruddy health insurance due to unemployment! I''m back to doing 30 Day Shred and starting back up on some light jogging/walking.

Getting married 9/11/10
Goal weight for wedding day: 110 or below
Weight 2 months ago: 115
Current weight: This morning, 121.6 (EEK!)
Short term goal for the next two months: Get back to at least 117

Date: 10/4/2009 8:47:35 AM
Author: Londongirl1

Ok ladies. What do I do?

2.gif
. I eat less red meat and more fish, fruit and veg. I''m 5'' 8'' and have managed to maintain my weight at 130lbs. If I want a treat i.e cake/sweets then I won''t deny myself them but I just keep it in moderation.

If you get tempted to over-eat or snack on stuff you know you shouldn''t be eating then just think of your dress.

All the best

It''s sometimes those easy things that we tend to forget :)

I was thinking the exercise part- which would target tummy fat and under arm fat?

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/4/2009 6:53:26 PM
Date: 10/4/2009 8:47:35 AM

Author: Londongirl1

Ok ladies. What do I do?

2.gif
. I eat less red meat and more fish, fruit and veg. I''m 5'' 8'' and have managed to maintain my weight at 130lbs. If I want a treat i.e cake/sweets then I won''t deny myself them but I just keep it in moderation.

If you get tempted to over-eat or snack on stuff you know you shouldn''t be eating then just think of your dress.

All the best

It''s sometimes those easy things that we tend to forget :)

I was thinking the exercise part- which would target tummy fat and under arm fat?

Well anyone will probably tell you that you cannot "spot reduce" just fat in the tummy and/or under arm area. So up the cardio and strength and focus on strength moves that target your core and pectoral area to tighten up the muscles in your chest/upper arm area. Have you tried the 30 Day Shred DVD? It''s a great quick fully body workout with cardio, strength, and ab moves that is a good way to get things jumpstarted.

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
I find thet Vinyasa Yoga is great for cardio + toning upper arms.

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
I''m joining in ladies!

I got my dress in mid-August and it fit almost perfectly (although a little tight in the ribcage). Since then I have definitely fallen off the wagon and picked up a few pounds. I''m getting back into the gym on a regular basis starting with a pilates class today - I''ve got an 8K to run the weekend before Thanksgiving so hopefully that will keep me accountable at least until then...then I''ll have to find a new goal! I''m also tracking my daily calories with fitday.com, keeping track of everything for a few weeks usually gets me back on track for what I should be eating.

Current weight: 146
Goal weight: 135, toned arms and back.

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
this is a good idea. i have no motivation! yesterday, i literally had cheese puffs, wine, mini snickers, candy corn, ice cream, a pop tart. it is a lot harder to type all of this than it was to eat it!
i have about 5 weeks until i have to be in a bathing suit in kauai!!!!!!
40.gif
my wedding dress fits and it will still fit even if i lose. i mainly want to slim up my thighs and arms (i know you can''t spot lose).

yay for starting this thread!!
36.gif
36.gif

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/5/2009 9:01:43 AM
Author: stephbolt
I''m joining in ladies!

I got my dress in mid-August and it fit almost perfectly (although a little tight in the ribcage). Since then I have definitely fallen off the wagon and picked up a few pounds. I''m getting back into the gym on a regular basis starting with a pilates class today - I''ve got an 8K to run the weekend before Thanksgiving so hopefully that will keep me accountable at least until then...then I''ll have to find a new goal! I''m also tracking my daily calories with fitday.com, keeping track of everything for a few weeks usually gets me back on track for what I should be eating.

Current weight: 146

Goal weight: 135, toned arms and back.

i love fitday!! i need to use that again

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
did anybody see the doctors today? they talked about the "flat belly diet" and it looks pretty easy--you add monounsaturated fats like avocado and chocolate :razz: to your diet! has anybody tried this?

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
oh i want to add a tip that has helped me in the past. this reminds me that i might want to add it again before the wedding!

SUGAR FREE METAMUCIL!!! no joke.

i would add a scoop of the sugar free berry flavored metamucil to a bottle of water, shake, and drink before a meal. metamucil is just fiber--and most of us need more fiber in our diets. this is a great way to fill up a little bit before your meal and makes it much easier to control your portions.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm....sugar free metamucil - that scares me a little. Are there any unpleasant side effects from this coco? If not, I''ll try!

OK, so my first post was about the fact that my dress is too tight and it made me sad....mostly because I have been really trying to eat healthy and lose some weight.

My doctor and I had a sit down and she said due to my medication that i take, losing weight can be twice as hard once you''ve put it on
14.gif
Anyway, she said to me that excercise WILL help, but the MOST important thing is the diet - i found this interesting. She said it''s all about portion control, and that we often overestimate what a portion size of something is. Just eating better foods wouldn''t help me if i was still eating too much quantity.

So, i started with lots of salads for now - at least one a day with some lean meat - tuna or chicken. I''ve felt a bit more energetic so far. Oh, and i bought a scale. I''ve never owned one before. I think if i can weigh myself every morning, i''ll be more motivated not to put that food in my mouth later in the evening. I am about 7 pounds lighter than i was mid august, so i feel good about that.

Glad i have somewhere to chat about this - I need to start doing a bit of excercise too!

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/5/2009 2:29:37 PM
Author: violet3
Oh, and i bought a scale. I''ve never owned one before. I think if i can weigh myself every morning, i''ll be more motivated not to put that food in my mouth later in the evening. I am about 7 pounds lighter than i was mid august, so i feel good about that.

Violet3: Congrats on 7 pounds lost since August. That is really great! I am a HUGE advocate for owning a scale, always have been. I weigh myself at least 2 times a day, usually morning and night, and occasionally a third time before a shower or something like that. I find it really helps to have a grasp of how my weight fluctuates from day to day, and at different times of the day. I "know" when I see 3 pounds heavier at the end of the day that I didn''t REALLY gain 3 pounds in one day, you know?

I know a lot of programs (Weight Watchers, to name one), advocate only weighing yourself once a week, but that method never worked for me. I''d much rather see my daily fluctuations so that I don''t freak out if on that one sacred weigh-in day, it is a less than ideal number. It can get you so down to think "oh I worked so hard all week and didn''t see the number I had hoped for." When in reality, you may have been 2 pounds lighter the day or two before and it could be anything, from time of the month water weight, a sodium heavy meal, or even constipation to blame!

It also keeps you in tune with when those daily fluctuations tend to keep going up and not going down! I know my few pounds are actual weight gain now, and not just normal fluctuations, hence time to get things in check before they get out of control.
5.gif

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/5/2009 2:29:37 PM
Author: violet3
Hmmm....sugar free metamucil - that scares me a little. Are there any unpleasant side effects from this coco? If not, I''ll try

haha i can imagine that it gives some people gas if they aren''t used to fiber! i have not had any unpleasant side effects.

purelily

Shiny_Rock
Sugarfree metamucil?! That''s kinda awesome. Fiber makes you feel full and since its sugar free it won''t spike your carb count .... and it could kill sugar cravings :) I will definitely have to try that. Thanks Cocolaw!

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/5/2009 3:02:44 PM
Author: purelily
Sugarfree metamucil?! That''s kinda awesome. Fiber makes you feel full and since its sugar free it won''t spike your carb count .... and it could kill sugar cravings :) I will definitely have to try that. Thanks Cocolaw!

yeah it''s kind of crazy! it "bulks up" into a gel and fills you up! sort of like how oatmeal bulks up when it is cooked. the sugar free berry kind is pretty good-it has kind of a kool aid taste and so it''s great if you have a sweet tooth!

i know that people might think metamucil=laxative=bad, but metamucil does not contain any stimulants. it''s just fiber!

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
oh, another good tip...(i have all of these tips but i''m bad at using them
3.gif
). set your alarm early and go for a 20-30 minute run BEFORE breakfast. you get your metabolism going for the day, and you are burning calories stored as fat rather than calories that you have just eaten.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results