shape
carat
color
clarity

Can we have a bridal weight loss thread?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. I''m not a BIW. Still LIW. I was looking around and saw this list. Great to see everyone keeping up on it.

I hope no one minds my posting here. I''ve been trying to lose weight.

Having a super healthy fiber before dinner is great. We eat a salad before dinner. (not with -- has to be before)
Mixed salad greens, fresh tomatoes, cucumber, red pepper, and a vinegarette. Big pile of salad.
After eating the salad, I serve dinner. Of course we''ve both eaten the salad so portions are much smaller. Sometimes I''ll toss in some chickpeas & maybe additional veggies and we''ll call the salad dinner.

Nov2109

Shiny_Rock
ooh I would really like this too. I have about 5-10lbs to lose before June 5, 2010! Ideally by mid March-which is my first official fitting!

I gained about 20-25lbs during the time FI and I were dating...Ive managed to lose about 17 of it since March.

Another way to curb your appetite are Fiber One bars-they are really good(oats and chocolate) they are like a healthy candy bar! I have one and light and fit yogurt(only 80 calories) everyday for breakfast!

My arms are my main problem....but they are getting back in shape! Ive lost about 1.5 inches off of them-I do military presses, curls and another exercise I cant remember 4x a week. 3 sets of 20 reps with a 5lb weight! Its really starting to show! I want to lose another inch off of them and I''ll be happy( I had amazing arms in HS due to playing sports...I miss them) This really helps with my wings! ;-)

My dress is huge on me(i swear they ordered the wrong size)...but Id ideally like to loose all the weight before my first fitting that way the major alterations are all done at once!

I''m 5''9 and am currently at 149...ideally I''d be at 135 but I''d be more than happy at 140! :)

These last couple of pounds are really tough to get off. I need some inspiration! :)

Congrats and Good Luck to everyone who is starting off! Its always hard in the beginning but you can do it!

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! I''ll contribute, too!!

purelilly...start a new thread with a more generic title - like - "Bridal Weight Loss Thread" or somethin'' then ask the mods to make it a sticky!!

Also, put a link in it to this one, since folks are already posting.

Yay! Cool!! Love the idea!!

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
I can vouch for Metamucil, but i drink it after a small meal. The instructions says its to be consumed after a meal i think.

Another option is the Metamucil that dissolves in your food. For e.g., if u r cooking spaghetti bolognese, add Metamucil to the sauce to give it extra fiber.

YAY for this thread.

Remember people, weight loss is 80% healthy eating and 20% exercise!!!!

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/1/2009 6:31:36 PM
Author: lulu66
i would love to have a BIW weight loss thread! i just started a weight loss journey this week! i could def use some support. FI & i are doing it together, so that does help somewhat; but would love to share with you ladies too!

9/30/09

starting weight: 177.8

well, i survived week 1. that''s an accomplishment!!

week 2
start weight: 177.8
current weight: 175

down 2.8

goal weight: 155

goals for this week: drink more water (less diet soda) and actually workout more (bike rides, walking, maybe attempt jogging). anybody else have updates??

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Hello Lulu66!!

I haven''t stepped on the scales yet. To be completely honest, I am a bit hesitant because i know i would be devastated if my weight is the same or (horror!!) increases.

I have been eating healthier. I do yoga twice a week, and gym once a week.

Just for you though... I will weigh myself tonight and give a proper update!

Last week''s weight:141 lbs
Today''s weight: ??? lbs (TBA)

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/5/2009 11:03:02 PM
Author: cindygenit
Hello Lulu66!!

I haven''t stepped on the scales yet. To be completely honest, I am a bit hesitant because i know i would be devastated if my weight is the same or (horror!!) increases.

I have been eating healthier. I do yoga twice a week, and gym once a week.

Just for you though... I will weigh myself tonight and give a proper update!

Last week''s weight:141 lbs

Today''s weight: ??? lbs (TBA)

cindy, no matter what the scale says this week, sounds like you are on your way. i have a feeling you will be in for a pleasant surprise on the scales. for years (i mean like 10) i didn''t own a scale and only weighed at dr''s visits. i always said, i know if i''m gaining by my clothes, but something about "that number" really does help keep me motivated. whether it''s up or down; i try to look forward to the next week & make it better than the last...now, let''s see how you did!

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/1/2009 7:23:48 AM
Author: Dannielle
I will happily contribute to this thread
1.gif

I am on am my 11th day of my new healthy lifestyle, I started at 171.8lbs and am now 167lbs.

My goal is 132lbs... considering I have over a year until the wedding I think it is totally achievable.
As of today I weigh 163.9lbs
9.gif

This is what my diet mainly consists of:

- Bowl of high fibre cereal with skim milk
- Strawberries with low fat yoghurt
- Grilled chicken with salad
- Handful of cashews
- Steamed fish with salad

I love naughty food.. I especially love take away, but I have noticed such a difference since changing my lifetsyle.. I feel so much healthier and happier. I am really starting to enjoy the food I eat now too
1.gif

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/6/2009 7:07:09 AM

Date: 10/1/2009 7:23:48 AM
I will happily contribute to this thread
1.gif

I am on am my 11th day of my new healthy lifestyle, I started at 171.8lbs and am now 167lbs.

My goal is 132lbs... considering I have over a year until the wedding I think it is totally achievable.
As of today I weigh 163.9lbs
9.gif

This is what my diet mainly consists of:

- Bowl of high fibre cereal with skim milk
- Strawberries with low fat yoghurt
- Grilled chicken with salad
- Handful of cashews
- Steamed fish with salad

I love naughty food.. I especially love take away, but I have noticed such a difference since changing my lifetsyle.. I feel so much healthier and happier. I am really starting to enjoy the food I eat now too
1.gif
Yay Danielle! good for you :) Sounds like that diet is really paying off!

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Hi lulu!

I weighed myself this morning and I lost 0.5 lbs only
15.gif

SO, now i weigh 140.1 lbs... still 7 more pounds to go!

It seems to be getting harder to lose the weight now, eventhough i am doing more exercise.

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/6/2009 7:53:09 PM
Hi lulu!

15.gif

It seems to be getting harder to lose the weight now, eventhough i am doing more exercise.

no sad faces! hey, .5 is .5 lost!! as for getting harder to lose...are you doing the same sort of exercise or mixing it up? and how about the food you eat, do you eat very similar meals throughout the week? my suggestion would be to mix it up if possible! if you usually eat your biggest meal in the evening maybe try eating the bigger meal at lunch, then a smaller dinner. and if you usually do cardio, maybe mix in some strength training?? but i think 1/2 lb is def a success!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
for cindy & danielle!!

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the encouragement lulu.

I''ve been pretty good this week. Monday I went to Bikram Yoga. Tuesday I went to the gym (AAGh my first time... totally intimidated by fit people on treadmills!) and did two classes: 1. Body attack (mix of cardio with pilates) and 2. Body balance (yoga + pilates+ tai chi).

I like going to Vinyasa Yoga on Saturday morning too, because it makes me really refreshed and I always feel awesome afterwards!

Food wise, i must admit that I am one of those people who needs to snack every 2-3 hours. I have always had a big appetite!! I am also trying to eat most of my carbs during the first half of the day. For dinner, i like to cook some lean meat with steamed vegetables. LOL

Anyway sorry for the long post here. I hope i lose a bit more next week.

P.S: FI is noticing the change in my body... he says i''ve toned up heaps and fully supports me spending lots of money doing Yoga LOL
31.gif
11.gif
5.gif

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/4/2009 6:53:26 PM
Author: swedish bean

Date: 10/4/2009 8:47:35 AM
Author: Londongirl1

Date: 10/4/2009 4:34:06 AM

Author: swedish bean

I soooo need to be in this thread. I bought a dress today - yay! But I want to get rid of my stomach fat and wings (under arm fat).

Ok ladies. What do I do?

Eat less and exersize more - it works for me
2.gif
. I eat less red meat and more fish, fruit and veg. I''m 5'' 8'' and have managed to maintain my weight at 130lbs. If I want a treat i.e cake/sweets then I won''t deny myself them but I just keep it in moderation.

If you get tempted to over-eat or snack on stuff you know you shouldn''t be eating then just think of your dress.

All the best

It''s sometimes those easy things that we tend to forget :)

I was thinking the exercise part- which would target tummy fat and under arm fat?
If you''re not a ''gym person'' try these exercise videos I found on Youtube. Type in ''workout with Tammy'' - she has around 7 different videos for the butt, shoulders, arms etc. They''re not difficult to follow and they work for me.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Girls!

Just checking in today - I''ve had a pretty good week so far.

I bought myself a scale last week after not fitting into my dress last friday
39.gif
FYI, the dress apparently cannot be let out, due to the fact that it is a sample and has been in the store long enough that letting out the seams will mean discoloration. This is not something they told me when i bought it unfortunately - they said it could be let out a bit. I''m not really angry, since i paid less than $200 for my dress and i love it, but i am concerned it won''t fit. (worst case scenario, i make a rush trip to Davids bridal mid november for a new ready made dress I suppose - trying very hard here not to be a freak about this).

so until early november, i am on a VERY strict diet. I am so sick of salad after last week, i cannot tell you! I have completely cut out carbs, with the exception of a glass of wine here and there (don''t want to drive myself completely crazy). I''ve been eating only lean meats and fruits and veggies, and i have been walking every day. This morning i weighed myself and i am officially 160 lbs. this may not sound like great news, but in August, when i went to see my doctor, i was 170, and it freaked me out. Last friday, I was around 164 or so, so whatever i am doing, seems to be working (fingers crossed).

I am on some medication that seems to be making the lbs cling for dear life to my body, so i am really trying harder than usual to reign in the food and fit into my dress.

How was everyone else''s week???

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/6/2009 11:37:05 PM
Author: lulu66

Date: 10/6/2009 7:53:09 PM
Hi lulu!

15.gif

no sad faces! hey, .5 is .5 lost!! as for getting harder to lose...are you doing the same sort of exercise or mixing it up? and how about the food you eat, do you eat very similar meals throughout the week? my suggestion would be to mix it up if possible! if you usually eat your biggest meal in the evening maybe try eating the bigger meal at lunch, then a smaller dinner. and if you usually do cardio, maybe mix in some strength training?? but i think 1/2 lb is def a success!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
for cindy & danielle!!
Ditto this Cindy - 1/2 a lb. is success for sure!

p.s. i think the less you need to lose, the harder it gets, at least for me - you may have to go at a 1/2 a lb per week, but those certainly add up (read: at least a couple of pounds a month). Plus, if you are working out more and really toning up, you are likely gaining muscle tone, which weighs more than fat anyway, so you could be losing inches while maintaining your lbs. Good for you!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FYI ladies, I have messaged admin to see if we can have this thread stickied - just in case it moves or appears at the top of the page in bold. I thought that would be helpful while we are all trying to get motivated. Cheers!

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Violet!!!

i haven''t weighed myself this morning, but will do after I come home from work!!! Oh my another week gone by :D wonder how I will do this week!

I know i''m supposed to weigh myself at the same time every week but oh well LOL

I bought Wii Fit yesterday and tried it as soon as I reached home. I must say, it is really good!!! Although i found it hard to believe that I lost 1 pound after playing the game for an hour LOL

Btw, how is our OP doing? Purelily???

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
I lost 0.9 pounds this week, which is so great!!! I am very happy with that.

I did work out 3 times last week though so that might have increased my weight loss a bit
5.gif

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
Can I join???

I am recently engaged and our wedding will likely be next summer.

My current weight is: 165
Goal weight: 145 (by Feb 10)

I just gained 5 lbs in the last few weeks cause I sit all day at work and then go home and sit and study for a licensing exam I am taking in 1.5 weeks. So until then I can''t lose as much, but I really want these 5 lbs off now. I have really tried so hard to maintain my weight over the past 2 years and then it just blew up.

My plan is to eat 1500 calories a day and exercise 3 times a week. I lost 25 lbs doing this 2 years ago, so here''s hoping.

It''s nice to have the support of this thread. Looks like a lot of you are doing really great and seeing results.

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome nkarma!!!

Your life seems pretty much the same as mine... I work 8-5, then come home to cook, eat dinner and watch TV... so basically i sit on my behind all day LOL

I would encourage you to lose the weight slowly. Limiting your calorie intake is fine, but you shouldn''t feel bad if you indulge once in a while! I know that I allow myself one "bad" food option a day or maybe two so that i don''t go crazy... I believe bad food is only bad when you eat too much of it!!!

I have ice cream for dessert every second night, and I am still losing weight so my theory works hahahaha

I hope you reach your goal and please keep us updated on your progress!!
2.gif

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
hello ladies! weigh in day for me.

week 3 of this little journey and i''m down 1.8 lbs, total of 4.6!

starting weight: 177.8
current weight: 173.2

oh, i''m so ready to get out of the 170s!! hopefully soon! and just to brag on my sweetie FI, he''s down over 6lbs this week--he''s so awesome!

yay, cindy & violet for progress this week! and welcome nkarma!

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations lulu!!!!!! That is great progress!!

And YAY for your FI too!
5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results