shape
carat
color
clarity

Can this be legit?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

crazydogs

Rough_Rock
Seems really low priced when you consider the carat weight and quality. It''s in the Diamond District of NY. What do you guys think? Are they messing with the numbers or can you really get a nice tennis bracelet for this price? Infortunately I can''t afford one yet but would like one at some point
25.gif
Thanks.....

8.57 carats DIAMOND TENNIS BRACELET sparkling diamonds - $4588
Date: 2006-12-21, 5:12AM EST

Total Stone Weight : approx. 8.57 carats
Stone Certification : Comes with a STONE CERT worth $45.00 .
Color : F/G
Clarity : VS1/VS2

BRACELET SPECIFICATIONS
Setting : 4 prong setting
Length : 7"" (Can change length, please indicate about change with payment)
Appraised Value : $25,499.00
Appraisal : Comes with a FREE APPRAISAL .

OPTIONS WHICH ARE ON EBAY OR CAN BE LISTED ON EBAY
* Available in D/E color & VVS1/VVS2 clarity, gold 14K for $9888.00
* Available with bigger diamonds 0.35 carats each (approx. dia. 4.5 mm) F/G VS1/VS2 Gold approx. 14 Carats for $7988.00
* Available with bigger diamonds 0.50 carats each (approx. dia. 5.2 mm) F/G VS1/VS2 Gold approx. 20 Carats for $17888.00

Also available in Yellow or

"GORGEOUS TENNIS BRACELET YOU WOULD BE DELIGHTED TO SEE EACH DAY

Metal Name: WHITE GOLD
Metal Purity : 14K

STONE SPECIFICATIONS
Stone Name: DIAMOND
Stone Cut : Round Brilliant
Stone Specifications: There are 42 diamonds of approx. 0.204 carats each (approx. dia. 3.8 mm). Natural earth mined diamonds

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It would be quite a nice deal if the grading and weight is accurate. Usually a "deal" has a catch. Careful!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/21/2006 9:28:34 AM
Author:crazydogs

Seems really low priced when you consider the carat weight and quality. It''s in the Diamond District of NY. What do you guys think? Are they messing with the numbers or can you really get a nice tennis bracelet for this price?

it depends on what you consider ''nice''
23.gif

scary.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If a deal seems too good to be true, it almost always is. Forget it and deal with a reliable vendor who sells high quality stones at a good price. I''d suggest looking at WhiteFlash for nice quality tennis bracelets.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/21/2006 11:06:00 AM
Author: diamondseeker2006
If a deal seems too good to be true, it almost always is. Forget it and deal with a reliable vendor who sells high quality stones at a good price. I''d suggest looking at WhiteFlash for nice quality tennis bracelets.

ditto. Wink Jones at
Winfields also has some very nice tennis bracelets.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good point, MrS. I am sure we''d both also recommend checking with Pearlman''s as well if he wants one more source.

crazydogs

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the comments, this is from the Diamond District in NY and from what I"ve read it here on the boards it can be a bit scary. If it really is as it says then it''s a heck of a deal but in all my years I''ve learned that if it seems to be too good to be true, it usually is
7.gif

superlizzy

Rough_Rock
Before I made my purchase I actually emailed and visited some of the vendors on 47th street. It all boils down to certificates...

Read this converstation I had with one vendor...

Vendor*********

Thanks for writing to us. Here are the prices:

Platinum Tiffany 5 Prong Setting 1.25 Carat round Ideal cut F VS1 flourescence none with GSL cert is for $3700.00
Platinum Tiffany 5 Prong Setting 1.25 Carat round Ideal cut I VS2 with GIA/EGL cert is for $6688.00

Me***********

About the pricing you sent to me... can you provide me some more information on the first 1.25 Carat you suggested? Do you have any pictures of your exact setting?

Excuse me for asking alot of questions, but also... why is the price difference between the two of such magnitude. Based on specifications they seem nearly identical?

And finally, by GSL certificate to you mean Gem Studies Laboratory (GSL) of Australia.

Vendor************************

For GIA certed diamonds the prices come in the market in the form of Rappaport price list. For GSL certed there are no fixed prices in the market. GSL is Gem Scientific Lab in New York.

Me**********************

So If I by the stone for $3700 can I take it to GIA and have them grade it myself? If everything is the same as the GSL cert that would be great. If not would you provide me with a refund?

I NEVER HEARD BACK FROM HIM.

Now do not get me wrong, there are some great, honest vendors there that have been in business for 10, 20, 30 years that you can get a good deal from since they operate with minimal overhead (usually in a small kiosk in a market). Like any retail store they have access to wholesalers in the are with GIA and AGS stones but they can afford to mark them up very little.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade

There are red flags all over this one. I’ll point out a few.

Stone Certification : Comes with a STONE CERT worth $45.00 .
A ‘stone cert’ on an approximate total weight from an unknown source with a 4 grade range is not worth $45. It’s worth zero, maybe less. These could be uncut I-2/K clarity enhanced stones and still meet this description. You have learned nothing by the offer to include this document other than that the dealer hopes you’re a fool.
Appraised Value : $25,499.00
Appraisal : Comes with a FREE APPRAISAL .

That appraisal is almost certainly worth less than it costs. The fact that they can find someone who is willing call themselves an appraiser and who can write down a big number doesn’t make it useful information. As with the ''cert'', this tells me nothing about the piece but quite a bit about the dealer.

Natural earth mined diamonds
What can I say? Personally, I would be willing to pay top dollar for a natural diamond that they can demonstrate was mined somewhere other than Earth.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Natural earth mined diamonds
What can I say? Personally, I would be willing to pay top dollar for a natural diamond that they can demonstrate was mined somewhere other than Earth.

Neil....you funny guy
4.gif

www.metrojewelryappraisers.com

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results