shape
carat
color
clarity

Can this be fixed?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Can this be fixed or does it need to be entirely reset?

It must be a high karat gold because its more yellow than other jewelry i own and it is SO SOFT. I got this like 8 years ago from my great grandmother, she sent it to me from Poland and probably only met me like 2 times my whole life, which I don''t remember at all. It cracked when I was in HS probably trying to mold it back to being round on my own, and I havent touched it since. I sort of forgot about it until I was cleaning out my jewelry drawer and she passed away about 5 years ago, and I would like the opportunity to wear it occasionally.

I read previously that resetting is like $100? Does that sound about right? If that''s what needs to be done, are there certain things I should watch out for? Or ask about? I don''t really have a relationship with any jeweler near me. I just went to one to have some work done on a bracelet of mine (simple resizing) and he really seemed a little weird to me, not sure I want to go back to him for a piece that actually means something to me.

I don''t even know if a picture is necissary or if a cracked setting means it automatically has to be redone, but here is the crack (sort of, I should''ve tried to take a better one):

crack23.jpg

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
The ring. Also not that great of pictures, but I was just trying to get this done quickly before I got too tired
3.gif

Babcia.jpg

day_lily_me

Rough_Rock
By no means am I an expert and should probably keep my .02 to myself but I feel confident that your ring could be repaired if you lived in my area (Houston). If you didn''t like the jeweler you''ve been to before, I certainly wouldn''t return there. Go to several places and talk to them and show the the ring. I''m sure that your ring is at least 18kt - that''s the standard in most of the world from what I''m told and it is softer but still can be repaired. Good luck and let us know how things work out.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I dont see a problem with getting it repaired.
Should be able the solder that puppy right up.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Find a jeweler with a competent benchman, this should not be at all difficult to repair. While he is fixing the crack he can check for any other damage and give you a quote to fix everything at one time.

Wink

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Cool, thanks
1.gif

I''m not really good with this stuff, so I guess I''ll have to ask my friends around for a jeweler.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results