shape
carat
color
clarity

Can these amythysts be replaced or not.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

leggs

Shiny_Rock
I bought this ring on whim.yippee.I always do that and then I think about it. I had inteneded on purchasing a 3 stone ring for my mother with her 3 children''s birthstones of substanial size not like those fake looking so called family rings.boring!!!
Anyway I planned on replacing the stones with a peridot, citrine and a nice sapphire in the middle. Now that I see it more realisticly I doubt the stones are removable.Tell me like it is,
it won''t be such a big mistake anyway because it was cheap and not too shabby of a ring for moi!!
Opinions please and thanks.
Paulette..

c76amethyst.jpg

leggs

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Steve and it is 14k gold with 6x4 stones.Now I need to find the replacement stones, fun fun fun :)

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2005 6:22
6.gif
9 AM
Author: leggs
Thanks Steve and it is 14k gold with 6x4 stones.Now I need to find the replacement stones, fun fun fun :)
That setting isnt too expensive from stullers it might be cheaper to start out with a new one.
Id contact Michael_E :

http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/profile/myprofile.asp?userID=5560

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, why not. The apearence of the ring could be totally changed for allot better... assuming the band is solid so it can be worked on.

Michael_E

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
If you look at the back inside of the ring you can see that the hollowing extends pretty far down the shank. This means that whoever made this was very concerned about the weight of the gold used. Because of this I would bet that the parts of the ring under the stones is also too thin to mess around with. Even though it wouldn''t take too long to get those stones replaced , it would probably cost more than the original cost of the ring and if you add the cost of the replacement to the original cost you''d probably have enough to have made a more robust ring with the stones that you wanted in the first place. My experience with these sorts of rings is that they tend to be a continuous problem because of the lightweight nature of the intial construction and that even if you can get them looking the way you want, they still aren''t strong enough to give any lasting durability.
When buying a ring always make sure that you look at the inside of the piece and assure yourself that you''re not just buying good looks with no substance. Before you buy any replacement stones, leggs, please post a picture of the inside and underside of this piece so that you can get some advice on whether it is substantial enough to do anything to. I don''t mean to be the bearer of bad news, but I''d hate to see you throw your money at this and then be disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results