shape
carat
color
clarity

Can stock mounts fit these stones?

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I have two pretty oval mahenges that measure about 4.5x5.5mm. I'd like to mount them as earrings, but these are not calibrated stones. I've found two ebay options. The rosebud petal mountings are stated to hold 4.8-5.2mm stones. The halo mounts will hold 5.2mm.

Do you think my stones could be mounted pretty easily in either one of these settings? Which do you prefer?

!BUqeRDg!2k~$(KGrHgoOKi4EjlLm,3Y5BKOowUh7kw~~_12.jpg

e926a.jpg

mahenge pair.JPG

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Are you thinking of wearing them at the same time as the Leon? Of the two, I like the second one best, but if I remember correctly your Leon is going to be a more "simple classic" (and I mean that in the best way) looking ring, so you might want to find a simpler setting for the earrings.

If you aren't trying to match or don't plan on wearing them together, then I definitely prefer the second setting.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope somebody else chimes in but I'm doubtful that your ovals (which are lovely by the way) will fit because both settings are for rounds. With the first pair, I would think that it would very much alter the look of the earrings and I don't think the claws will function properly or the stones could be mounted properly. With the second pair, the top and bottom fo the ovals (if you set N/S) will overlap the diamonds top and bottom so will alter the overall look.

Not sure if that helps?

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
The plan for the Leon has gone back in the hopper. I haven't been able to pull together the necessary funds.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
LovingDiamonds said:
I hope somebody else chimes in but I'm doubtful that your ovals (which are lovely by the way) will fit because both settings are for rounds. With the first pair, I would think that it would very much alter the look of the earrings and I don't think the claws will function properly or the stones could be mounted properly. With the second pair, the top and bottom fo the ovals (if you set N/S) will overlap the diamonds top and bottom so will alter the overall look.

Not sure if that helps?

Sure, it helps. Just not in the way I'd hoped for. :blackeye:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Uppy I'm sorry. I hope I'm wrong. Let's see if anybody else chimes in.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I just really didn't want to go through the trouble of custom. I'd be happy to look at any adaptable stock options!

Michael_E

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Any jeweler can fit those stones to a stock 6 x 4 setting. There are a lot of settings of this type available such as this one from Adwar. You should just look in the online setting catalogs, find one you like in that size and have your favorite jeweler set them...easy as can be.

style_top.jpg

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Michael!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I had Michael E mount these back in 2010. I sold them to a PSer in Sept-Oct of 2011.

Does anyone remember who purchased them? I'm wondering if they're interested in selling them back.

310298_2315645166320_810023852_n.jpg

310971_2315656246597_925342018_n.jpg

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Well they aren't a calibrated size. Still some jeweler might be able to squeeze them into a setting as long as you use prongs.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Michael_E|1279580676|2651167 said:
Any jeweler can fit those stones to a stock 6 x 4 setting. There are a lot of settings of this type available such as this one from Adwar. You should just look in the online setting catalogs, find one you like in that size and have your favorite jeweler set them...easy as can be.

There you have it :)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Uppy, if they look that pretty, I doubt the new owner would want to part with them. Supposing she agrees, they will also cost more now due to recent increases.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
You called it Chrono. She does not want to part with them. I wish I had been that wise.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Too bad about not being able to get those earrings back, but if you're trying to minimize the size difference, I think you're on the right track with that style. I had a pair of rounds that weren't quite the same diameter, and I found that a round halo actually accentuated the size difference, but a cushion shaped halo greatly minimized it.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results