shape
carat
color
clarity

Can someone weigh in on how this sapphire will look IRL?

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
This is from a reputable IG seller but it’s final sale so I need to be 100% sure. I read sapphires can look different depending on where you live and I have no idea how to read this color. Indoor & outdoor photos included.

BAC1FF3C-1651-4E50-A6AC-67047306DDB0.jpeg

Attachments

• 34571228-AF2B-491F-AAB5-03DB8865224F.jpeg
    34571228-AF2B-491F-AAB5-03DB8865224F.jpeg
    162.3 KB · Views: 31
  • 76CE2D9B-3244-46CA-8751-795CE83579B9.jpeg
    76CE2D9B-3244-46CA-8751-795CE83579B9.jpeg
    332 KB · Views: 31
I'd say that last photo (of the stone next to the gem brief) is going to be the most accurate depiction... darker than the other two photos and a little less saturated. That would be my guess, but you really won't know until it's in-hand. I'm assuming you're getting a great price if it's final sale. But I'd still be leery... not because I didn't trust the seller... it's just because color is SO difficult to judge in media, and I don't want to be out even $100 on a stone I dislike. Personally, I'd look for something comparable with a return policy, even if I had to pay a bit more. Good luck!

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
I'd say that last photo (of the stone next to the gem brief) is going to be the most accurate depiction... darker than the other two photos and a little less saturated. That would be my guess, but you really won't know until it's in-hand. I'm assuming you're getting a great price if it's final sale. But I'd still be leery... not because I didn't trust the seller... it's just because color is SO difficult to judge in media and I don't want to be out even $1 on a stone I dislike. Personally, I'd look for something comparable with a return policy, even if I had to pay a bit more. Good luck!

I appreciate the insight! I like the outdoor photo but the others aren’t as exciting to me. It’s $1000, which seems like a good price but I gemstone pricing is confusing to me.

I appreciate the insight! I like the outdoor photo but the others aren’t as exciting to me. It’s $1000, which seems like a good price but I gemstone pricing is confusing to me.

It's only a good price if you love the stone in person. But if you don't, you'll either be out $1k or have to go through the aggravation of reselling, which can be time-consuming. I usually try to find the positive side when giving my opinion, but I think you're taking a risk here. There are so many lovely sapphires on the market. I know the perfect one is out there for you.

I hope I haven't been a downer! Naturally, the decision is yours. If you buy, I hope you love it.

P.S. Your profile photo always makes me smile!!

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
It's only a good price if you love the stone in person. But if you don't, you'll either be out $1k or have to go through the aggravation of reselling, which can be time-consuming. I usually try to find the positive side when giving my opinion, but I think you're taking a risk here. There are so many lovely sapphires on the market. I know the perfect one is out there for you.

I hope I haven't been a downer! Naturally, the decision is yours. If you buy, I hope you love it.

P.S. Your profile photo always makes me smile!!

No, no! This is exactly the honest opinion I wanted and why I love PS. This is not my arena and I definitely am not trying to be out $1000/ having to resell a stone I don’t want.

Thank you!

No, no! This is exactly the honest opinion I wanted and why I love PS. This is not my arena and I definitely am not trying to be out $1000/ having to resell a stone I don’t want.

Thank you!

I hope you'll return to share the stone you ultimately grab!
jitteryfooguy.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results