shape
carat
color
clarity

Can someone tell me what this setting is called?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Chelle0511

Rough_Rock
First and foremost, I''m sorry for copy and pasting this wonderful ring that belongs to one lucky woman! I saved it last night for reference and now can not find the thread.

I originally thought I wanted a pave/halo setting with the daimond on prongs, I didn''t think a bevel set diamond does looked good on my large fingers.

But, after seeing the following ring, I realized I might like a bevel set pave/halo, if I could find one where the entire setting sits high, such as this one.

Can someone help me find something simiilar, except on a smaller scale. I''m looking for a setting to hold a 1ct round or princess cut.

Thank you soooooo much!

favr1.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
It'd be called a high cathedral (the setting type) with pave obviously.

But just to clarify that stone looks to be held in with prongs, not bezel set. They are two different things.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
That diamond looks much larger than a 1 ct. stone and that is likely why the setting is high. It''s needed on a larger stone to make room for the deeper pavillion.

A 1 ct. stone might look a little strange if it''s sitting up real high off the ring finger, with a small diameter head?

Chelle0511

Rough_Rock
Ok - that option is not looking promising. Decisions, decisions! I like the square halo/pave setting, but am on a budget, and 1 ct is all we can do for now...

Any suggestions?

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Chelle... I just went on a crazy search for you. That''s actually my ring, so thanks for the compliment!
Someone had a colored stone put into a very similar setting a little while ago and I just found the thread HERE
The setting came from Diamond Scassi
Hopefully this info helps!

Chelle0511

Rough_Rock
Does anyone know why all of WhiteFlash''s cushion cut diamonds are only a 1-star rating?

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Just so you know- It is called a split shank when the side of the band "splits" into two parts before it gets to the center stone... Some people don''t care for them, while others love them! I personally think that the picture you posted is lovely!!!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 9:25:34 PM
Author: Chelle0511
Does anyone know why all of WhiteFlash''s cushion cut diamonds are only a 1-star rating?

Because they aren''t in house. Mark at Engagement Rings Direct is the man to go to for cushions IMO.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
because none of them are in-store and they haven''t actually had the chance to rate them....they have to be called in and evaluated...

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i have a 1.06ct asscher/sq em in a high-ish bezel set halo....it''s in my avatar and here you can see plenty of pics... ER THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results