shape
carat
color
clarity

Can someone tell me the type of vintage stone I lost?

Elizabetta369

Rough_Rock
I lost a pendant set with a tiny stone (or glass or plastic) that looked like a diamond but wasn't. It was an illusion created by hundreds of facets cut in some material around a tiny bead of (most likely) the same material. Hence, there were two units of the material, the tiny bead and the faceted material around the bead.

It looked like a diamond unless one looked very closely. I have searched online but can't find the kind of style that it was called - I used 'illusion', 'diamond', 'fake', etc. and all that comes up is illusion settings, how to tell a real diamond from a fake, etc.

Can anyone help me here or tell me the best place to inquire? I loved this little thing even though it wasn't real. It was very unique.

Thanks in advance.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did it look like this? This is marcasite.

483BB7CA-4F91-4E86-9683-CA437D379F89.jpeg

Elizabetta369

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your response, but it wasn't marcasite. It was some clear (or maybe even white) material.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have a look at the website sprucecrafts.com
Theres an article on all the types of “gems” that were used in vintage costume jewellery.
Very interesting to read.
Alternatively Google “vintage costume jewelery” and look through the images to find a piece with a gem like you describe.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you still have the pendant from which the stone was lost? If so, would you post a picture so maybe people could narrow down what era/design/style/composition and possible hints as to the stone

Elizabetta369

Rough_Rock
Do you still have the pendant from which the stone was lost? If so, would you post a picture so maybe people could narrow down what era/design/style/composition and possible hints as to the stone

No, but I have a ring that had it in it (also gone). I will try to find the ring this weekend and post it Monday. Thank you, both.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results